Has Frank washed his hands of his muppet show puppets

WiGgY

Reaction score
A Frank Oz segment on Sesame Street is always a treat. Eric is great with Bert, but Frank has great ad lib ability. I saw a fairly old SS episode before Eric took on Bert and Franks other characters. Bert was introducing segments with Bernice and it was so funny seeing Frank as Bert adlibing with a real pigeon. :big_grin:

I'd like to see Frank work on another muppet movie with TMS muppets, but not with voice looping. It would be cool to see Eric's Fozzie talking to Frank's Piggy, or Franks Animal and Eric's Piggy and so on like that. Something similar happened on SS with Frank's Grover and who ever the new guy doing Cookie monster is.

Cheebo

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Something similar happened on SS with Frank's Grover and who ever the new guy doing Cookie monster is.
David Rudman. He does some muppets like Baby Bear and a lot of random muppets like everyone else. Eric Jacobson doesn't seem to do itm guess he cant get that more deep growling voice down. Also if you know of Baby Bear but have not seen Rudman do Cookie you would probably think his Cookie is terrible. Its far from that. His is VERY close to Frank's.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ah so that's who he is, thanks. :big_grin:

His Cookie is really good and I think he's getting into it a bit more. The only way I can tell who does Cookie, Frank or David, is buy the performance. Frank does a lot of stuff that seems like ad lib and he also does a lot of overacting which is funny. Frank's Cookie Monster acts a lot like Piggy in GMC during that scene where she was "hamming it up".

David seems to have started doing that lately too, which is great. Soon the two Cookies will be hard to tell apart.

With David as Cookie, and Eric as Bert, and Frank as Grover there could be a whole scene between 3 of Frank's best SS characters. :big_grin: