Hate Jessie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All it takes is ONE parent to complain, then all of the sudden, it's a big issue. Like that infamous "Buffalo Gals" episode of COW AND CHICKEN: ONE parent complained, just one, about the not-so-subtle lesbian stereotypes and innuendos, so it got pulled and banned.

But as a matter of fact, I actually recall a gluten joke in a newspaper comic strip, YEARS ago, when "gluten free" was still relatively new.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They were flying too close to the sun with that cartoon anyway. That was some straight up Family Guy/South Park stuff in there. It almost comes off as a VERY homophobic cartoon, if you interpret things the right way. The "there's a moral to all this... BUT IT'S A SECRET!!" bit proves my point. Even Dexter's Rude Removal isn't half that bad, and it never even went to broadcast.

There are hundreds of stories of something getting pulled and censored because of some old, craggy, child and grandhildless old crone with no sense of humor who's only duty in life is to make TV bland and unoffensive, especially shows that she's not supposed to be watching anyway. All I'm saying is, as insensitive and (let's face it) absolutely unfunny as the joke was, it wasn't the big, nasty comment these mommies are making it out to be.

Still, if we want to offend anyone, I still think we need to go after the complete morons that think "Gluten free" is some sort of healthy alternative when they can process it perfectly. That really happened.

mr3urious

Reaction score
All it takes is ONE parent to complain, then all of the sudden, it's a big issue. Like that infamous "Buffalo Gals" episode of COW AND CHICKEN: ONE parent complained, just one, about the not-so-subtle lesbian stereotypes and innuendos, so it got pulled and banned.
Or what about the "jigaboo" incident from a Fraggle Rock rerun? That was especially cowardly. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That was one of the worst. It was a Mondegreen misheard by an overly offended idiot with cotton in his ears. The fact that they wimpilly complied now suggests incrimination for something they didn't do.

I'm sick of this one complaint equals everyone in the entire world ever crap.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Where did you hear that? I can't find any sources.

mspiggy101

Reaction score
Well I think the worst show ever on Disney is Hanna Montanna Shes, pretty scary now

AquaGGR

Reaction score
mspiggy101 said:
Well I think the worst show ever on Disney is Hanna Montanna Shes, pretty scary now
She wasn't "scary" back THEN. That was back when she was a clean popstar aimed at tweens. I don't really prefer the show either, its laugh track was as poorly done as the other Disney show. It wasn't very funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Miley Cyrus is what happens when you have contractual purity being a kid's star.

Anyone ever see the South Park where the Jonahs Bros. were just a scam by Disney, and how they used them to sell sex to little girls, but could only get away with it by making the band wear purity rings? Essentially the same thing.

Frankly, I have more respect for her as an overcompensating star, desperately trying to get out of the shadow of a crappy TV show that will haunt her for life. Again... Adam West, Bela Legousi... careers were damaged for having a popular TV show or movie. As Hanna Montana, she was essentially a puppet, singing songs written by old white guys that factory wrote for every interchangable pop star there was. (and High School Musical). And Miley wasn't even their first thought in this series. They had a casting call to fill the role of a pop tween TV show/album franchise. You know... the hit TV show that releases 2 different albums? One in character and one as the actual star from the show. If Miley didn't get the part, someone else would, and as soon as their tween cred vaporized, the show was cancelled, only to be replaced by something else just like it with the same exact sort of tween girl star.

It's a disposable factory type atmosphere with that kind of program.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
And Miley wasn't even their first thought in this series. They had a casting call to fill the role of a pop tween TV show/album franchise. You know... the hit TV show that releases 2 different albums? One in character and one as the actual star from the show. If Miley didn't get the part, someone else would, and as soon as their tween cred vaporized, the show was cancelled, only to be replaced by something else just like it with the same exact sort of tween girl star.
I believe the show was first offered to JoJo of "Leave (Get Out)" fame and she turned it down. So it was definitely a pre-packaged show waiting for its star.