Hate Jessie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seriously, WHY do all of Disney's girls look like clones of Miley Cyrus? I mean really, it was bad enough back in the day when I couldn't tell her, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovato apart (NOW, Selena's the only one who still looks like her old self, but that's besides the point).

I've heard better, I've heard worse. I think perhaps, "I don't remember packing you a bunny for lunch" could have been met with a less enthusiastic laugh, whereas, "Please-please-please!" really didn't even need a laugh at all.

And boy, Jessie's voice and her speech mannerisms are annoying... and WHY do they always add in guinea pig sounds whenever there's a bunny on the show? Bunnies don't warble like that.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Well, D'Snowth, I'd have to say that this....abomination is definitely an example of the kind of show that thinks everything to come out of the characters' mouth is uproariously hilarious. Someone screams? Thundering laughter. Someone gets insulted? Thundering laughter. Someone gets hurt? Thundering laughter. The somewhat racist little girl character makes a sassy remark? Laughter with the power to break glass. But, I'll have you decide. I'm sorry if this clip has hurt or effected you mentally or physically.

I don't have a problem with laugh tracks, I have a problem with laugh tracks that think almost Fozzie-level jokes are uproariously hilarious. The Nick and Disney kidcoms seem to have this problem, not so much other sitcoms.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously, WHY do all of Disney's girls look like clones of Miley Cyrus? I mean really, it was bad enough back in the day when I couldn't tell her, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovato apart (NOW, Selena's the only one who still looks like her old self, but that's besides the point).
That's what I've been saying. These shows are disposable. They pick out similar girls to sing similar songs (all written by the same middle aged men) and star in similar shows so they can sell similar CD's. And 2 sets, one as a show's soundtrack, and one as the artist as themselves. It's all disposable. And Nick does the same thing with Boy Bands.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score

I've heard better, I've heard worse. I think perhaps, "I don't remember packing you a bunny for lunch" could have been met with a less enthusiastic laugh, whereas, "Please-please-please!" really didn't even need a laugh at all.

And boy, Jessie's voice and her speech mannerisms are annoying... and WHY do they always add in guinea pig sounds whenever there's a bunny on the show? Bunnies don't warble like that.
Bunnies make buzzing noises when they're happy, but you're right, they don't warble.

Something else that bugs me about Jessie is the fact that these kids' parents just leave them to be raised by their nanny (and from what I understand, three of them are adopted). I don't know whether some people consider their children as little more than a nice thought rather than people they are actually supposed to raise into developed, productive human beings (sadly, I think people like that do exist), but that's really a bad message to send (then again, it's hardly the worst message this show has to offer).

AquaGGR

Reaction score
One episode of Jessie was once pulled for being insensitive to people with gluten allergies.

What is this I don't even.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of defending the show... If any other show mocked gluten allergies, no one would say anything. If it was something on adult swim or Family Guy, they'd be rolling in the aisles. They must've been that unfunny.

If you ask me, they should mock people that don't eat gluten. No, not those with Celliac disease. Those complete idiots that think that eating something gluten free is a healthy alternative to something when that stuff is specifically made for people that have a real problem with it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, not defending a craptastic show, but... yeah...

I said it before, I'll say it again. Wazzis name who created Veggie Tales was right. We're a society that's at the same time easily offended and impossible to offend.

But what really bugs me is this... the parental group is using the term bullying instead of insensitivity. Bullying is insensitive sure (an understatement to be true), but insensitivity isn't bullying. Bullying is pretty specifically going after a specific person (sometimes groups) in the meanest way possible. TRUE Bullying is if Jesse said "Everyone who can't digest gluten is a [emasculating term on your choice of offensiveness]."

That said... wait, what?! They make fun of people with Lactose intolerance all the time and no one complains. Everyone still makes fun of "Diabutus" and Wilford Brimley's pronunciation of the word. Forget that... we can make AIDS jokes now. Well... AIDS jokes that don't stem from ignorance and hate. And the Gluten Free people are complaining?