Have You Ever Lost A Pet?

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
My parents had a Westie even before I was born. Here's the story:

My dad got her when she was just a puppy. I mean really a puppy, the point where they look like a little rat. She wouldn't live if she had to stay with her mom, so my dad took her, and gave it to my mom as an aniversary present. My mom bottle fed her. They named her Tawny after a hair color my dad found (he's a hair dresser). When I was born, she was a dog then. She was also alive when my brother was born. She died at age 15. I was really sad, but I was glad that she lived this long. Now, I have another dog, a shiz-malt (Shiz-tu Maltese mix) named Zoe (Yes, named after the Muppet). I still miss Tawny. :cry:

anytimepally

Reaction score
my cat died this past weekend.. I've been avoiding coming home any earlier than absolutely necessary.. it's so empty :frown:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**hugs anytimepally** That's rough luck, mate.

My hampster died this summer. His name was Wheels. We buried him in the yard.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My dad keeps wanting to cut off one of Tommie's feet when she dies and make it a "lucky rabbit's foot", but I keep telling him when Tommie dies, I want her to, if possible, die in one piece, and be burried in one piece!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
my cat died this past weekend.. I've been avoiding coming home any earlier than absolutely necessary.. it's so empty :frown:
My dad keeps wanting to cut off one of Tommie's feet when she dies and make it a "lucky rabbit's foot", but I keep telling him when Tommie dies, I want her to, if possible, die in one piece, and be buried in one piece!
Sorry to hear that Randall and sorry about that too, D'snowth!

I've never had a pet before, but when my uncle's dog Waddles past several years ago, my grandparents had a little funeral for her. She stayed at there house with all their cats while when he moved up north.

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
Well all my fishes i had died
but now i have a dog named Cookie she is a Chihuahua
i just hope she doesn't die

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I've gone through quite a few pets.

The first dog just died of old age and I'm so happy she did because we were getting close to the descision of possibly having to put her down anyway, so I'm glad she died before we had to do that.

We did put down our cat a few years ago. She was getting old and had this patch of cancer that had been growing on her ear for years. Every time she had surgery to remove it it came back on the reast of the ear. It also turned into a bit of a tumor on her head. We finally made a desicion when my parents noticed that she was walking off kilter one day and they thought either she'd had a stroke at some point or just the cnacer was starting to get to her.

I had a hamster that died but at the point he was my sister's.

The worst was probably my guinea pig. In seventh grade we had a class guniea pig and decide it to breed it with another classroom's guine pig. I'm really into animals so during the first courtship I stayed in the class at recess and took notes on the whole thing. I also didn't have many friends so I formed a bit of a bond with her. As a result I got to take her home over the summer. We thought she might have gotten pregnant again before summer but couldn't tell (the first pregnancy is more obvious than the second one) So the due date comes and goes, no babies. Then about a week before school started she had three babies right there in my room. It was so cool. Anyway, long story short, I got to keep one. Needless to say it was hard when that one died since I had literally been there for her birth. What was even worse was the night she did die was the night we came home from camping and she was in her cage, lying down and breathing hard and I wasn't sure how long she'd been like that.

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
I've gone through quite a few pets.

The first dog just died of old age and I'm so happy she did because we were getting close to the descision of possibly having to put her down anyway, so I'm glad she died before we had to do that.

We did put down our cat a few years ago. She was getting old and had this patch of cancer that had been growing on her ear for years. Every time she had surgery to remove it it came back on the reast of the ear. It also turned into a bit of a tumor on her head. We finally made a desicion when my parents noticed that she was walking off kilter one day and they thought either she'd had a stroke at some point or just the cnacer was starting to get to her.

I had a hamster that died but at the point he was my sister's.

The worst was probably my guinea pig. In seventh grade we had a class guniea pig and decide it to breed it with another classroom's guine pig. I'm really into animals so during the first courtship I stayed in the class at recess and took notes on the whole thing. I also didn't have many friends so I formed a bit of a bond with her. As a result I got to take her home over the summer. We thought she might have gotten pregnant again before summer but couldn't tell (the first pregnancy is more obvious than the second one) So the due date comes and goes, no babies. Then about a week before school started she had three babies right there in my room. It was so cool. Anyway, long story short, I got to keep one. Needless to say it was hard when that one died since I had literally been there for her birth. What was even worse was the night she did die was the night we came home from camping and she was in her cage, lying down and breathing hard and I wasn't sure how long she'd been like that.
that's sad i know how you feel pain in the heart

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Back in November we lost our 8 year old Min Pin to diabetes we still feel the empty in the house

few christmas' ago i lost my pet turtle Michelangelo of 20 years

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I hate it when animals die at Christmas. I know they can't really control it but still.