Have You Ever Lost A Pet?

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
today is a sad day my dog is sick and they are taking her away man now i know how it feels to loose a pet goodbye Cookie i will miss you forever you changed my life

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
wait good they didn't take her away she died before they came
RIP
Cookie Martinez Born November 13, 2008 Died September 18, 2011 10:30am. Age: 3 and half years old:cry:
she wasn't really born November 13 but that's the day i got her
she will be missed forever:cry::cry::cry:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
We lost our Sheltie Bailey back in June. He was 14 when we had to have him put down, and really suffering (the vet told my mom he probably had cancer). We had him since he was a puppy (I was 10 when we got him), and not a day goes by that I don't think about him, whether or not he's entered another cycle of rebirth (I'm Buddhist, so I actually do think about those things), and whether I'll ever see him again (I don't think goodbyes are forever). I really feel bad for our other Sheltie, Skylar (who's four), because Bailey was her best pal, and they always kept each other company when we were all at school and work. Now she's all alone a lot of the time :cry:

But my mom says that since I plan to move out soon (probably into on-campus or co-op housing next semester), she may talk my dad into letting her get the Great Dane she wants, so Skylar won't have to be alone.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Even though I never had a pet of my own, I know what it's like to lose an animal friend. My aunt's 2 dogs, a poodle mix named KW and a Bichon Frise named Sparky died within a couple years of each other, I was a kid when they both died. KW was 11 when he died and Sparky was either 14 or 15 and died from Diabetes complications. I loved those two so much!
My aunt and uncle who lives in Pennsylvania lost a Westie named Biscuit at around 13 years of age, I don't remember how she died though, but they didn't get another dog since then.
My aunt and uncle in South Carolina lost their 2 dogs and a cat. BJ was first and he was 13 when he had to be put to sleep, Buddy died on his own at around 15 and the cat, Kit Kat also died on his own because he wasn't eating for quite some time before he died.

All of these animals will be missed. :sigh:

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
Even though I never had a pet of my own, I know what it's like to lose an animal friend. My aunt's 2 dogs, a poodle mix named KW and a Bichon Frise named Sparky died within a couple years of each other, I was a kid when they both died. KW was 11 when he died and Sparky was either 14 or 15 and died from Diabetes complications. I loved those two so much!
My aunt and uncle who lives in Pennsylvania lost a Westie named Biscuit at around 13 years of age, I don't remember how she died though, but they didn't get another dog since then.
My aunt and uncle in South Carolina lost their 2 dogs and a cat. BJ was first and he was 13 when he had to be put to sleep, Buddy died on his own at around 15 and the cat, Kit Kat also died on his own because he wasn't eating for quite some time before he died.

All of these animals will be missed. :sigh:
the cat didn't ate and it died same her yesterday with dog she didn't eat for the past week and then her heart just stopped:cry:

KarinTeeth

Reaction score
Once, we had a dog named Chance. When I was about five or six, my sister went to go play with him. Me and my brother were playing in the field by our house at this time when we heard her scream. As it turned out the previous day she had fed him chocolate so he died. :frown: I think he's still in the flowerbed..

A year later we got two new dogs, a rat terrier/chihuahua mix named Scamp and a black lab named Black Blaze, and few years later we moved uptown and Scamp ran away. A few months later BB died. We don't know how and he wasn't even really that old. :frown:

A few years ago, a stray cat started hanging around our house. My mom always says that as long as they don't come in the house we can keep them. Well, one night I heard a bump outside in the streets and was worried. The next morning I found him in the road. He was hit by a car. :,( his name was Lothoas, after the antagonist from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie. The same thing happened last year not long after school let out. Her name was Pryvut.

...Those (minus Scamp) were just the ones that died.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I've lost several goldfish over the years. My sister had a hamster named Hamsty, and he lived for about 3 years. I had a bird named Starlight from when I was in 3rd grade until some time in high school. My parents got a dog named Rocky as a wedding gift, and he passed when I was about 9 or 10. I don't remember much about him but he was a good dog!

I lost my beloved cat, Nicky, last February from kidney failure. He had been sick for a long time, but that didn't make it easier to deal with. He was 17, so I guess he lived a long life. I think about him every day :frown:

robodog

Reaction score
I've had pets my whole life and so I've experienced the deaths of pets many many times.
The first was Dingo, a german shepherd. I was five. I was sitting in my room watching the muppets when my mom came in after taking him to the vet and told me that the vet couldn't help him and he had to be put down. Since I was young and didn't really understand death it took me awhile to realize he wouldn't be coming back. Dingo had saved my life. I was playing in the driveway when a large dog attacked me. Dingo jumped on the dog, beat the crap out of it and drove it off. As it was I had to get a headfull of stitches but it could have been much worse.

Then there was Lady, a little stray black poodle who adopted me. I still blame myself for her death. I went out to a friend's house one night to trade NES games with him and she followed me and ended up getting hit by a truck on the way. I had another friend at the time who after he found out wanted me to describe the truck. He wanted to find it so he could vandalize it. He was serious. He was going to break the windows out, pour sugar in the gas tank and flatten the tires. I was touched that he cared enough about me and my dog ( Lady loved all my friends and they her ) to want to take revenge, but I didn't want him doing all that and getting in trouble for it so I never told him what the truck looked like. It would have been a terrible thing to do but in a way his heart was in the right place.

There was another german shepherd Dingo, who was named after the first. This is a dog who once climbed a fence in order to get to me when he thought I was being hurt. A friend and I were play fighting across the street at the time. Dingo thought we were serious and wanted to protect me. He died of old age.

There was April, a cocker spaniel and the bravest, toughest dog I have ever known. I swear on my life I am not exaggerating the story I'm about to tell, A huge vicious rat got into the house one day. This thing leaped at April and she swatted it away with her paw breaking it's back in the process. Shortly after we got April we bought another dog. The seller neglected to tell us the dog sometimes went nuts and bit. We found out when I hugged the dog and it attacked me. When it happened April came out of nowhere and clamped her jaws around the dog's throat. She wasn't just trying to get it off me, she was trying to kill it. We had to pry her jaws off the dog's throat.
My father could be abusive towards me at times but April never would stand for it. Once when he was beating on me April got between me and him and took a chunk out of him.
April had to be put to sleep. She was about twenty years old. Deaf, blind and weak. Right before she breathed her last I thanked her for all the times she defended me. I wanted her to know how great a dog I thought she was.

Finally there was Polar Bear. Last summer a pregnant dog turned up. We live way out in the country and people dump dogs out here sometimes. This poor dog was all skin and bones. We took her in and she soon had a litter of fourteen puppies. Polar Bear was one of her pups, a small white sickly puppy. He was very ill and couldn't keep his food down. We took him to the vet, they gave him some medication but ultimately it didn't work. He died the night before we were going to take him back to the vet. He was a sweet little thing. Since the other puppies tended to manhandle him we kept him out seperate from the others. Many was the time I'd be sitting at the computer and would feel his fur brush against my ankle. He'd come to me when he wanted to be picked up and loved on. Naturally we planned to keep him. We all loved him and we all cried when he died. He was barely four weeks old.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
My pet betta fish, Flipper only lasted a week. I couldn't stop crying.:cry: Then I heard
"Heaven is a Place on Earth" on the radio, and everything got worse.:sympathy: Later that day, my dad got an identical fish that we also named Flipper (II), who's still alive (Don't worry!).