Having Each Other (Ush-Gush)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Heh -- the frog-mother-and-son exchange is fun and feels right. And everyone rushing over also feels right and good. Holy unstuffed pig, what an event! of COURSE everyone wants to greet the new younguns immediately and wish their parents well!

But...why couldn't Kermit hold his wife's hand through the delivery? Were there unexpected complications? Did the docs bar everyone nonmedical from the room? Just curious why you chose to go the old-school direction, Figgie...not a criticism, though. :smile:
-----------------

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Now that was great chapter and I loved how you just pretended to end the story, I was like "Aww man, the story's over?" But PHEW! More story coming!
And I love how you use the Bouncing Baby Figs to your story. (Now I know why you chose that screen name, it ties into the story!"

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Thanks Newsie!! Yes well, I have no idea what goes on during birth so this was a complete and total guess of nature. They didn't exactly explain birth in CTE... Thanks muppet fan 123! yes, bbf is my screen name for a reason, I am glad you and everyone else is enjoying this story, it really does make my life so much brighter.:smile:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Chapter 15: A Family

Miss Piggy lay in a tired mess surrounded by the cotton sheets of the hospital bedding. Her hair was cascading down her shoulders in a curly golden mess while her eyes had slight bags under their blue beauty. It was sheer radiance in Kermit's eyes, but what really had caught his eyes was the two small bundles that she carried in each arm. Kermit's heart started to pound as he cautiously stepped forward towards his new family members. What if they were different? Kermit thought for a moment before immediately feeling ashamed. How could he ever worry about differences? Wasn't that what Sesame Street taught? To accept those around you no matter looks or nationality or background, and at the Muppet boarding house, well Kermit wouldn't call any of his family normal. With a deep breath and surge of new found strength, Kermit stepped forward and knelt next to his wife and....children. The word was so strange yet so natural, oh how life is funny.
Piggy smiled warmly at her Kermie, her blue eyes filled with pride and satisfaction. Her look clearly asked Kermit, well, do you want to see or not? With a slow deft movement she gently laid one of the bundles in Kermit's open arms. Carefully, he opened the wrappings to reveal a sleeping baby girl... Piglet? A Piglet! Kermit's eyes widened more than anyone thought would have been possible. The little girl yawned, her mouth a small cavern of pink and red, the caused both pig and frog to smile. Slightly stretching, the piglet opened her eyes to reveal a dazzling green and blue green of eye color. Her hair, which was a rich shade of brown Kermit noted, surrounded her head in curly waves framing her round healthy face.

Kermie.” Piggy whispered lightly, causing Kermit to look up from the little girl in his slim arms. Piggy held up her own squirming package and revealed a baby boy frog, his skin color slightly lighter than Kermit's own. Jim, it was...Jim. Kermit smiled and felt his eyes begin to form with tears, although he was a little confused at how the little boy wasn't a tadpole at his young age. Although Robin lost his tail at 5 ½, Kermit had never heard of frogs forming so young. Before Kermit could delve into the subject for longer, a young doctor walked into the room and softly shut the door behind him.
Hello.” He said, offering a hand towards Kermit. “I'm Dr. Reynolds.” He smiled gently at the couple in front of him. Kermit and Piggy obliged to his smile, however they were unable to shake his hand due to certain valuables in their arms. Dr. Reynolds, let his arm fall to his side awkwardly before clearing his throat. Pulling up a chair, he sat down in front of the family with a clipboard and pencil.
Now, I just wanted to make sure if you are all happy and comfortable, you should be very proud Mr. and Mrs. the Frog. You have two very healthy babies, both are not exactly what many would expect from two....well, y' know..” Reynolds waved his hands around seeking for a word.
You're treading into deep water buster.” Piggy growled grouchily, her blue eyes turning to ice. Clearing his throat once more, Dr. Reynolds continued.
I imagine you are most curious about your son not being a tadpole. While in Miss Piggy's stomach, he started to form like a human child would, yet he formed the shape of a small frog. This is what we have gathered through the information we have been given, it-it simply is a miracle of sorts.” Reynolds smiled a little, his wonder mirroring that of Piggy's and Kermit's. Standing up, the good doctor said goodbye and left the way he had come.
Kerit smiled once more and started to hum an all too familiar song, neither parent noticed the door being ajar, or the crowd that had gathered around it. Hearing the first notes of the song, no one spoke or sang, instead they all hummed along. Their voices creating a sodt new lullabye for the newcomers, a lullaby that would last throughout the ages. A Rainbow that connected them all in one, simple connection.

I hope you liked this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! I am so sorry if it was stiff in some parts, like I said before, I have never witnessed birth or been told about it. Guess I have to wait till I have younguns of my own. Which won't be for at least another 10 years.:wink: