Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Shows up at Apt 12 since that's where everybody's at. Hey :news: and :hungry:, happy birthday.
*Kathy's roomies are with Ed, as she asked to bring them along for tonight's party dinner.
:super: Hey Chefy, here's the present Ed left for you.
*Hands over the Tefflon Chef magnet.
Robin: Mr. Newsman, I did a drawing of you as that detective guy, Murrow H.I. facing down that scary Tomkins cat.
Prairie and Rosita: Chef, we chipped in to get you a new book of round-the-world recipes with a few American classics tucked in for good measure.
Me: And Newsie, we wanted to get you something nice... So here's a mug with a few bags of assorted coffees Beth helped pick out since I don't rully have a taste for the stuff. The mug has a sort of autumn leaf print and says :That's My Story, And I'm Sticking With It."
UD: Shall we depart the premises then?
Me: Yeah, c'mon guys, Count's waiting downstairs in the Countmobile to go to Jull's for both your birthday dinners.

Anyone who wants to come with us is also welcome.
:super: Do I have to put on my waiter's towel?
UD: No Grover, you're a patron this time.
:super: Does that mean I get to eat?
UD: *Nods his head affirmative.
:super: Oh good, one night I don't have to work.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
*Rhonda casts a longing eye at the pasta, considering Juhl's*

You know it WILL still be here later, right Rhonda? C'mon, let's go celebrate!

:news: *new sports coat and helmet on* WHAT? I can't hear anything in this! *Kris pulls the helmet off* Oh...thank you. Oh, Robin, that's very...ahem. Do I really look that dashing in a fedora?

Rhonda *eyeroll* Yeah, yeah, you're gorgeous, sunshine. Make with the food run already.

:hungry: *gathering all his gifts into his hat and tucking it back on his head* Hoo hoo hoo! Der furn der geeter da birffendee ebree dayen!

:news: Oh...and coffee! *sticks the tip of his nose in the collection* Ohhh that smells amazing...that'll keep me up all night for those special reports for sure! Thank you!

:hungry: Ees allen goon der pizzahh en voom-vooms?

Rhonda: Cripes, my queendom for a Mock Swedish dictionary!

Um. I think Chef was asking if we were all driving over together. Let's go see if there's room for the birthday kids in the Countmobile, at least! Come on guys!

*all head out*

*five minutes later in the quiet apt*

Pink: Waak waak waak...vooom...eeeebb...
Blue: Waak waak waak.... AwwAWW! Look! look look look!
*they study the pasta pot*
Pink: Hmm. To-ma-to. Yip yip yip.
Blue: AWWwwww to-ma-to! Uh huh! Uh huh!
*together they dump the pot onto the kitchen floor, then pick out little bites of stewed tomato*
Blue: Mm. Need grow. Grow grow grow. Yip yip.
Pink: Pot! *eagerly examines Newsie's potted onion* Aww, cow! Cow. Mooooo.
Blue: Uh uh. Uh uh. Noooooope nope nope. Not cow. Cat.
Pink: Cat?
Blue: Cat.

* a few minutes later, the onion is sitting in Fatatatita's litterbox, and bits o'cooked tomato have been planted in soil in Newsie's new coffee mug*

--------------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Fatatita eyes the onion warily, claws sharpened if it attacks.

*At Jull's...So, anything special you want on your pizza(s) birthday boys?
:batty:, I'll go halfsies on that Friday 13th pie vith you Deadly.
UD: Fright, you're on.

*Robin's off playing at the arcade machine.
*Prairie starts up a conversation with :news: as she's done some journalist spots in the past.

**Rosita tells the waiter to add a couple of canoli cakes to be brought at the end of the meal without other ears overhearing her.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
-The roomies of Apt. 11 are now at Apt. 12-

Bert: *helping Ernie bring in gift for Newsie, it is round and rather shaped like Captain America's shield* Happy birthday Newsman!

Ernie: We all chipped in and got you this shield, that way you'll be protected from barometers that fall sharply!

Susie: We painted it just like Captain America's shield too, except with tweed patterns and a microphone in the center!

Ellie: *holds up her hands to show the paint on them* Yep! And it was really fun too! Hope you like the shield!

Ernie: *drops shield on Bert's foot by accident* Oops!

Bert: OW! Ernie -_-

Ellie: See? It really is strong!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
:news: A shield! A plaid shield! *beaming ear to ear* Thank you! I'll be well-nigh unsquishable now! Hah hah! See? I DO have friends! And when you have the love and strength of your friends around you, why, that's the best protectio--
* six random Muppet sheep drop from nowhere, beaning Newsie* Ungh... *THUD*

Kris: Hey, thanks, guys! Come join the party! We pushed all the tables together!

Rhonda: *to bewildered sheep* What the heck are you guys doing here?

Sheep: Baaa...er...I dunno, it's close to his bedtime. We do this every night so he can fall asleep.

That's baaaad, guys. Very very baaaad.

:hungry: *dancing with new implements of destru---er, cooking. I mean cooking implements.* Hoo de foorn! Ho ho ho! Eatsa pizza pooza pee!

Rhonda: I do NOT wanna know. Pass me the crushed chili pepper, willya?
----------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Confused... Sheep? I thought we were at Jull's, not that lamb-themed restaurant John Cleese opened back in the 80's.
80s Robot: Tab or Coke?
:batty: Coke please.
Me: Already got Sprites.
*Moves chili pepper over to Rhonda.
*Robin laughs through the straw into his fruit punch.

Rosita: Ooh, can I have some of the pepper too? I love spicy food, mm, pique.
:super: munches on a piece of pepperoni pizza while Prairie uses her fork and knife.

*Shares joke over ludicrous speed with Kris.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
:news: *comes to with his nose in his pizza* Erf...ungh...whahappa?

Rhonda: Better put that helmet back on. Here ya go, Rosita...thanks Ed. I'm just glad Rizzo's not here yet. Won't be a slice of anything left but double mushroom when he arrives.

Ick...I don't do fungus...

:news: *to Prairie* I'm sorry...that happens to me sometimes. Uh...what do you favor for your reports, an umbrella or a bunker?

*to Ed* I don't think he realizes other journalists don't have his problem...
Hey, Bert, Ernie, may I just say, I LOVE you guys on the Street! Word.

:hungry: *happily oblivious, pours vinegar into his butter dipping sauce for the crusts*
---------------------

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Ernie: Thanks! *smiles*

Bert: I wonder how many more word jokes we'll hear tonight....

Ellie: Bert, lighten up!

Bert: That's easier said than done.

Susie: *nods in agreement with Bert*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To Kris: No worries, I don't think he's watched other fellow Muppet reporters get tangled in their own troubles.
Prairie: Well, if it's raining... Or if the piece happens to be on the letter U, I'd use an umbrella.

UD: No fungus? But isn't Mumfrey a finalist on that stunt show Gonzo's starring in?

*Robin happily eats another slice of his cheese pizza...

:batty: Hmm, I didn't know Rizzo might be crashing. He's not at the townhouse, but he might be working at one of the luncheonettes around.

*And suddenly, someone uses a straw to fire off a small ball of wadded napkin paper across the table.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Rhonda: Bert, sweetie, what is it with you yellow-felt guys? Are you ALL so button-down? I guarantee you that won't be the worst word joke tonight...Tony's here.

*waves at the master thespian* Saved ya some breadsticks!

:hungry: *tries to engage Robin in a soda-chugging contest*

:news: I myself am eager to try out my new protective gear!

Rhonda: *smirk* That's right Goldie. Work hard, play safe!

:news: I don't follow you. I always do those. Mother always said... *sigh* Never mind.

You miss her? Because it's your birthday?

:news: Um. Uh... *whispering* No. I hated my birthday as a child. I wasn't allowed to play with any toy with moving parts, or sharp edges, or paint, or small parts...

Rhonda: Seriously? Did your ma know what you did for a living later?

:news: I don't really want to discuss it. Can we just have some cake? *immediately realizes his mistake and yanks shield over head*

Rhonda: I think you weren't far off in your stories...

I read his diary. Shhhh.

:hungry: Caken-baken! Oooh hoo hoo!
-----------------------