Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie premieres tonight at 7pm/6pm central on Nick!

Did you like the special?

• Meh, could've been much better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Helga being in love with Arnold. It's kind of the premise of the show. But the prospect of Arnold ever liking her never sat right with me. I mean, sure there were a few instances of her being nice to him, but that's it, just a few! And I guess Helga became a little less mean over time, but c'mon. There's just, so little development in their relationship to warrant Arnold actually deciding to be with her, even if he did have a crush on her. When you think about it, Lila really was the person he deserved to end up with. Heck, he was closer with Sid, Stinky, and Harold than he was with Helga.
Honestly Arnold and Lila could have had some better development if Lila had more development on her own (her introduction showed she had some potential) instead of making her an oh-so perfect, annoying mary-sue one-note character.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Honestly Arnold and Lila could have had some better development if Lila had more development on her own (her introduction showed she had some potential) instead of making her an oh-so perfect, annoying mary-sue one-note character.
True, but I still think it would've made more sense than him ending up with Helga after years of her mostly just being a bully towards him.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
True, but I still think it would've made more sense than him ending up with Helga after years of her mostly just being a bully towards him.
You're not wrong on that.

I think Arnold is just the type to forgive and forget. Granted, I was kind of hoping there would be some conflict to Arnold finding out about Helga's feelings, but whatevs. I was more concerned about Arnold's parents than anything.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I agree that Lila was pretty annoying, especially past her debut episode where she was more sympathetic seeing as how she was close to heading to the poor house. But I did like the chemistry she and Helga had, with Helga coming to Lila for friendship advice as in the masquerade episode, and her even knowing about her crush on Arnold that she kept her word on never telling a soul as in the Romeo & Juliet episode. Also liked how patient Lila was with Helga in the former ep. I mentioned, though still calling her out on her boorish behavior.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is available on iTunes. And for some reason, it's downlodable as a "season pass". What's the deal with a one-shot movie having a season pass when it's just a movie (the pass includes the trailer)?