Hey Grail...(RE: Justice League, He-Man Toons)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
the new Thundercats comic hit this past week...i've heard a couple rumors of a new cartoon, but nothing official.
I think i read it on a forum that something was mentioned about this at San Diego but yeah, it's far from official news.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
The Thundercats rights were picked up by 4 Kids Entertainment. I don't know if they still have them but 4 Kids did get the license last year. Speaking of the 80's toons, the Ninja Turtles will return in a brand new series from 4 Kids Entertainment this January on the Fox Box. The animation studio that does "Jackie Chan Adventrue and the Men In Black: series" are doing the animation.
yeah! i'm really psyched for that one. i was a big Turtles fan, both the original comics and the cartoon

GWGumby

Reaction score
So do any of you cartoon geeks know what happened to the "Ripping Friends"? I waited 10 years for that ever since the whole ousting fiasco on Ren & Stimpy. And it disappeared as quickly as it arrived. It should have been on Adult Swim rather than on Fox Kids (and maybe replace some of the lackluster shows that have got resurrected there like "Baby Blues")

I grew up on GI-Joe, He-Man, and Transformers but am not looking forward to most of these revivals. My wife is excited about the Care Bears revival, though--at least for the merchandise.

I'm personally a much bigger fan of the 90's animation resurgence: Simpsons, Ren & Stimpy, Spongebob, Angry Beavers, Powerpuff Girls, Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast, and even Beavis & Butthead for a while. Cartoons the way they were meant to be: funny, wacky, and silly.

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Oh, man, Luke, you mentioned Centurions. They were the best. Those massive action figures that were way poseable. Awesome. I loved them.

-Chris

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i've got a Centurion action figure and comic somewhere - they were really big, and i think it had holes on it so you could attach the accessories.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I think there are plans to have Ripping Friends premere on Adult Swim.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Yes, Ripping Friend is going to Adult Swim. A good site to go to for this information is www.toonzone.net.

Hey, guys did you know that Strawberry Shortcake is coming back through good people at DIC and Bandai. DIC will produce direct to video movies and Bandai will make the toys. F.Y.I, DIC is not owned by Disney anymore, they are independent now. I will try to find that great link of the( kinding :big_grin: ) Strawberry Shortcake video clip.

Here it is http://www.dicentertainment.com/shows_videoclips.html#Preschool

You know I holding out for the Rainbow Brite and Smurf revival under the Marvel Max line of books. :big_grin:

Fun Fact: Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, and Strawberry Shortcake is all based off greeting cards from American Greetings and Hallmark. Who knew that a tv show, a toy line and a movie could be based off a greeting card.

Luke

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm - i think DIC produced the ALF animation stuff too

Gonzo

Reaction score
Cool--

I can't wait to see the new He-Man toon....it's a great concept that deserves an update. Hope it works out.

I have mixed feelings on the Justice League toon---I mean, I'm delighted that there's finally one on the air, but I know exactly what you mean with the "too much action, not enough characterization." I hear Paul Dini, who wrote some of the best episodes of the Superman and Batman Animated Series, is going to be writing at least one episode this season.

I'm enjoying Justice League, but wish we'd get more of their personal lives into the stories. Not enough to be a soap opera, but even throwaway references to Lois, Alfred, Central City, etc would be nice. Can't wait to see some of what this next season has. Comics Continuum has had a few previews, and it's sounding berry nice.

Quinnnnnnnnn

grail

Reaction score
well, they beat me to it, but yeah Ripping Friends will be on Adult Swim (along with the Oblongs...i'm realling digging that show)

and someone mentioned it as a joke, but Wildstorm actually has picked up the rights to do a Smurfs comic...whatever...

for Justice League fans that like characterization, look no further than the next season of Static Shock. not only will Static be going to Gotham, but he's also going to be helping the JL when Brainiac takes over the Watchtower...