1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

HEY! I have a GOOD question or suggestion...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by sarah_yzma, May 24, 2003.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks. A zany Penguin.:zany:

You say MC is safe, but we have had some bad links put up here by sickoes who are just idiots that like ruining other peoples fun.

Still...Catch :zany:

2. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I know that the internet isnt that safe now after reading some things, but I think we can assume muppet central is safe, any bad posts would surely be deleted. your only in danger if you are a child and you go and meet someone you know on the internet in a dark alley! or if you disclose your addresses, you dont need to tell your address unless you are doing a trade or something like that I would say.

Its nice to think muppet central is safe, full of nice people!

:) :p

3. Beauregard

Yep a very nice forum, (except for the food fights, and the BBB thread where things get a bit violent from time to time!!!)

Take this and pass it on. :zany:

4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

:confused: I'm still reeling in shock from the revelation early on in this thread that Sarah's a girl! Who knew? Man that shrimp (I mean KING PRAWN!) avatar threw me!

(I kid.......you know we all love `ya Sarah) :p

5. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

beauregard, you've gotten people who don't tease to tease...

how do you feel now?!?!

Sarah

no wait..don't answer that

6. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Dude, when you log back on I'm going to beat the ever loving crap out of you.

:halo:

7. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I've got it, I've got it........I don't have the :zany:

If people want to know how old the ones they talk to are they can just click on the profile for that person. If the person want others to know they put it in the profile.

But to return back to the topic about the gender of the posters, I can just say I'am all for it.
    And I can't see what it could hurt by informing the others on the board about both age & gender.

Now where did that :zany: go

8. Beauregard

I am so glad you are not on right now.

:zany: :zany: :zany: :zany: :zany:

9. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I missed him. Eh, I'm angry anymore anyway.

10. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

I picked Miss Piggys dog because even though he (thats right HE) was little and cute. Two things I am not. If he didn't like you he was just as likely to bite you in the leg.:o
    So I guess FooFoo would be a masculine name if we stayed true to muppet gender.

11. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well i'm male but i'm not above wearing a dress for a cheap thrill ! :eek:

12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind it, and it would be cool to see ages, too. I don't think we should get any deeper personal than that, though.

13. wolfy

wolfy Member

Knowing someone's gender is all right, although the mystery of it is sometimes fun, too.

Ages are good to know as well, as SOME of us ARE a bit older than others THINK we are, and SOME of us are a bit YOUNGER than others think we are! But this one, however, should be "member's discretion." I mean, CHOICE (there I go, aging myself again)!

Location isn't important; we all know that we are somewhere on this big, blue planet (well, most of us are, right, Luke?;) ), so this isn't something that I would consider a major factor in everyone knowing...If someone wants to know where you are, and you are willing to say, then fine. If you don't wish to let them know, you shouldn't have to say, right, Phil?

But I do like this idea. Knowing a little more than just an avitar and general background that you've picked up by reading the messages (and you get a lot out of some messages, believe me) is fine, but knowing that you are writing to a guy or girl can be pretty important at times.

I mean, I wouldn't want to give advice about dating girls to a girl, unless she asked me to do that...which would be confusing to me anyway, because I don't date girls. At least, I haven't yet...just had friends that I make dates for lunch with and movie dates...oh my gosh! Is that the same thing?!?

Okay, totally confused by my own gender now...
    wolfy :confused:

14. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Seems cool,but it isnt that big a deal if it isnt added.I think it could be nice...I mean like wolfy said its the mystery behind it all.