Hollywood has done it again...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well the bottom line should be good actors, whether they are stars or unknowns. Just whether they can do the job.

It's just that it seems like the landscape is so small lately; you just keep seeing the same big stars over and over.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another problem too is all these crappy comedy movies where would-be comedians write the scripts, then cast themselves as the leads on the notion of, "Well, I wrote this as if I was so-and-so having to deal with this-and-that with who-and-who." Jason Segel is notorious for that, which is one reason the new Muppet movie is bound to fail (in addition to his filthy sense of humor).

I know that's something that's been around for eons, like back in the day of Gene Wilder and such, but those guys were genuinely funny and talented.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I am very concerned about the state of comedy. It's like we're all too polite to point out that most of the people around now are simply not that funny. Or maybe they could be, but they're going along with the trends instead of being individuals.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am very concerned about the state of comedy. It's like we're all too polite to point out that most of the people around now are simply not that funny. Or maybe they could be, but they're going along with the trends instead of being individuals.
I'm very concerned about the state of entertainment as a whole, in general.

Comedy today is let's see how many crotches we can kick before someone cries like a girl.

Drama today is let's see how many people we can get in bed with how many other people.

Conflict today is let's see which girl we can make pregnant, and figure out what she's going to do about it, and how the "father" will react.

I mean, just go to YouTube, look at clips from classic shows and movies, and read through the countless comments frome people of just about all generations saying things like "Why can't they make 'em like this anymore?" "When are we going to have stuff like this again?" "How did we go from this to fart humor?", etc.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think its a little unfair to say the new Muppet movie will fail just because Segal is in it or involved, we know he is a fan and his his heart set in this project, and just because some of his other movies are adult oriented doesn't mean he cant do a light Comedy either. i myself have a dark side of comedy but i love the muppets to death

and even my Superhero comic book dips into some dark stuff, doesnt mean my puppet stuff will fail because of my other work, or any other Project, Whats Your Number? the movie i did in june that's coming out this September is Rated R, and yea its puppet poop jokes but my work shouldn't be judged based on that

remember if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even have a new movie to talk/love/complain about, and everyone would be complaining about how there is no new muppet stuff

if anything Segals presence is going to bring those who would just pass off the Muppets as the next dumb kids movie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, there's a big difference between being dark, and being just plain vulgar.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I dont find his work Vulger...outside of showing up naked twice in one movie

there really isnt anything that makes his work different than other comedy films out there, swears are the common thing just as sex jokes, its the world we live in

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with his work honestly. I do agree that just because he does one kind of genre doesn't mean he can't do others. But obviously I won't really know until I see the final product.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
From what we've heard, the film doesn't sound like a typical-Segal movie. He wrote it with people like us in mind. Just give it a chance.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
We have *shudder* fart *shudder* humor because someone out there decided that all kids, or even adults, are perpetually 4 and giggle at anything gross. "Teehee, they said poop! Teehee, they farted. Teehee..."

I will be honest, I was a bit disheartened to see the whole "fart shoes" thing in the muppets trailer. I dont want to belive that was put in there because of the whole mandatory fart joke per movie to attract an audience thing but...