1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Hot Wheels releasing an Electric Mayhem Bus

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppet fan 123, Dec 12, 2012.

1. los

los Active Member

I apologize. I've been argumentative these couple of days.
    Who am I kidding. The Palisades Muppets Lab was not 100% accurate and I still got it :D. I, more than likely, will buy this salamander too.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I'm still confused as to why they can't get licensing to make the bus if they got it to make cars fo r the muppets.

3. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Will it? Ooooh!

Rights are weird when applied to replicas. I've heard of other approved product proposals involving the Mayhem bus in the past, but they were cartoony representations rather than authentic replicas.

Correction: The Electric Mayhem bus used in Infinity is also a modified version of the design with fewer windows than the actual bus. It's cued-up at 2:13 here:
    [​IMG]
    (actual bus used in TMM & MFS)​
    [​IMG]
    (different-looking model of bus used in the 2011 film)​
    Money! That and dealing with a foreign car company that I'm not sure exists anymore.

No problem. :) That Lab. Hahahaha! So many remarks about the lab back in the day. I think Palisades chose to make that design instead of the one used in the program. That was actually based on art provided by Henson, but fans were not pleased.

4. Brendan S

Brendan S New Member

I found it at a Toys R Us outside of Cleveland this afternoon...it's out there!

5. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

Are the other muppets hot wheels being sold at toysrus? Where are they located in toysrus and how much are they being sold for?

6. Brendan S

Brendan S New Member

I don't believe the others have been released yet, so there was no sign of them. The Bus was with the Hot Wheels toys, in the section with the special releases. It was $4.99. Or it could have been $5.99...I hadn't heard about it prior to finding it. I was so excited to see it that money was no longer an option : ).

The designs aren't movie accurate, but the spirit is right on the money. My favorite part is the top of the Bus...there's a great design that should make any Muppet fan smile.

7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know, Brendan! Good to hear that this was released and is official. :)

8. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed how saturated Ebay is with these mayhem bus' now?

search muppet and every result page has a dozen of them at prices varying from 10 to 30 bucks...lol...

cc

muppetperson likes this.
  9. ilovemuppet4eva

Does anyone know where I can buy these, in person? I keep calling toysrus but they do not have any in stock.

10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Called it. TRU.

Of course, they're pretty much the only toy store that isn't a local educational toy store in this country anymore...

11. chudman1000

chudman1000 Member

You could always try Wal-Mart as well. Up here in Canada my buddy was just at Wal-Mart today and he found a couple. Luckily for me he knew I wanted one so he offered to pick it up for me.

12. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

The only one I like is the EM Bus. The other ones are just plain bad.
    I wish they could release more of the bus kind, like Fozzie's Studebaker, the Bus from GMC, Gonzo's Plumber Truck, 80's Robot's car, the possibilities are endless.
    But instead, we get a bunch of random cars with bad poser pictures printed on them. :(

13. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I get what you mean about the lack of appeal in non-show accurate cars, but most of these have good poser pictures printed on them. ;) These are the ones with the bad poser pictures. Hot Wheelz has made Studabakers before so releasing a Muppet model seems like a no-brainer.

14. ilovemuppet4eva

Woohoo, found these at a Walmart 1 1/2 hr from me. All my local ones only had the muppets mayhem bus but the one further had all of them!!

Thanks chudman for letting me know Walmart sells these :)

chudman1000 likes this.
  15. chudman1000

chudman1000 Member

You're welcome and congrats on finding them. I usually dont have any luck finding stuff like that, but my buddy does. He is the only reason I even knew that or am even getting one myself. :)

16. crazy chris

Went to my walmart a few minutes ago... you could tell they had them at some point but the only thing left on the whole rack was 2 A-team vans from the same series... sigh...

cc

17. chudman1000

chudman1000 Member

Ironically enough, that's actually what my bud was looking for when he found my bus lol.

crazy chris likes this.
  18. crazy chris

lol... :)

cc

19. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

I popped into Walmart this morning on a whim and, sure enough, there was the bus! They only had one...and now they don't have any! ;)

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

On closer inspection, the Gonzo one is a plumbing truck. Not the one from The Muppet Movie, of course. But it looks to be related to his plumbing business in The Muppets. I actually quite like that one now that I think about it.

Tomservo95 likes this.