How did Caroll Spinney see inside Bruno?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
The thing I wanna know is, why does he even need to walk around in his trashcan? He looks silly. Also, I wonder if they have a kid inside the can walking around as Oscar and how do they see?
According to caroll Spinneys autobiography, a midget played oscar in those scenes, and in a number of them (including the hawaii episodes), he was played by Herve Villechaize, who is better known as tattoo on Fantasy Island. I don't know how he could see.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
According to caroll Spinneys autobiography, a midget played oscar in those scenes, and in a number of them (including the hawaii episodes), he was played by Herve Villechaize, who is better known as tattoo on Fantasy Island. I don't know how he could see.

I think I remember reading that too, I just wasn't sure. I loved Carroll Spinney's book and have been meaning to pick it up again.

BEAR

Reaction score
I wonder how Carroll Spinney is doing these days. I wonder how much of Big Bird he is doing on his own, without Matt Vogel. What do you think of Vogel? To me, I think he is a poor choice. I can always tell when he is performing because Big Bird sounds like he has a cold.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I wouldn't know, I haven't seen too many new Sesame Street episodes