How thin is acceptable?

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I...eat..vegetables EVERYDAY!
D: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I dun wanna tower over my man on my wedding DAY!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Aw, hehe, I would love to be 5'7''. I always feel like I'm too short, lol.
Darling, towering over girls...sometimes even men...D: It makes one wish they were the average height.

XP

Love your shortness, women!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Darling, towering over girls...sometimes even men...D: It makes one wish they were the average height.

Love your shortness, women!
Yeah, I do understand what you mean. Though I should share that being a short girl sometimes makes people underestimate you. So as Kermit once said, "We've all got our problems around here!" Lol.

But as Kermit also said, "I'm green, and it'll do fine cause it's beautiful." That's something we should ALL take to heart. :smile:

Love the tallness and shortness!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think you would. If that's your ideal weight, then it would be pretty obvious that you weren't fat. Trust me, society is much more forgiving towards "athletic" or "stocky" builds in men than they are towards women....
Hmm... maybe...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm not very tall, and I like my weight just fine. In numbers I probably weight a little bit more than someone else my height, but I don't look it because I have a wide frame that runs in my family. Also I walk alot every day and I try my best to eat a variety of food groups and eat proper portions. So I'm a pretty healthy person (I should probably get more sleep though, lol) and I don't let numbers dictate how happy I am with my body, I listen to how I feel. If I'm not feeling well I know why; maybe I've had a stressful week so I've stayed inside a bit too much, and I know going for a walk will make me feel better. Or maybe I've been very busy and I don't have time to cook a full supper, so I make a conscious effort that if I have to eat out, I will get something at Subway, as opposed to a hamburger. It's just about looking out for yourself and doing what makes you feel energetic and happy. And doing FOR yourself, not because someone else thinks you should.

Pork

Reaction score
Well I'm short, like really short. I've been called Midget on occasion, but only by my giant friends who is Uber tall. haha, but I think I'm an average weight for my size. I don't have a set of scales though. So I couldn't say.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Slow and Steady and Love Yourself No Matter What!

You know what I have found to be the dirty word in media these days? - Moderation!

I go to the gym nearly every day for cardio and weight train half of those. But I don't go crazy with it. People really only need 20-30 minutes of low impact cardio exercise 4-5 days a week. I see people vanish from the gym for days and then run like bandits on a treadmill to make up for time lost. I also see people that seem to live in the weight room.

This is crazy. Who can really keep such a pace and be happy? The question is – what are you training for? No one needs to do an Oprah marathon. Have you seen how much she yo-yos? Those who do just a little bit and do it consistently are so much better off and generally healthier for it. I train for my daily life.

Commercial weight control systems and fad diets shouldn't be necessary. Health, just like making your bed in the morning, is about daily maintenance. There's nothing new or sexy about it. Results take time and lasting ones take integration of fairly minimal things. The hard part is keeping faith and keeping up with it. Things like sticking an energy bar in your bag in case you get caught hungry somewhere with only junk food options or waiting to check emails or phone calls until after a quick morning run.

I haven't had a real weight problem (5'10, 150lbs at 33 years old), but I have had unhealthy habits that could have led to them. There's always going to be people who think I'm too this or not enough that, but when I put on a shirt and a pair of jeans I feel good. When I run up several flights of stairs I don't get winded. That's what it's about.

It's not about shape; it's about fit. It's not about vanity; it's about feeling comfortable in your own skin. This means different things to different people. Shame on that terrible commercial the first post cited. I felt exactly the same way when I saw it. :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You all have seen that commercial, haven't you? A mom in a red robe, fixing up the fireplace, her little girl sneaking down the stairs, seeing this person at their fireplace and exclaiming "Santa!", and the announcer saying "NOW you regreat all those holiday cookies" when the gal isn't even all that fat!

Then there's the commercial with that lady eating that special Cheerios cereal, and her husband trying to comment on the box but saying the wrong things as if he's suggesting she's eating the cereal to lose weight... she's not completely "Slim Jim", but she's not exactly a "Fat B@s+@rd" either.
I may as well add a couple others: I really hate the LA Weightloss commercial they had 2 years ago when a woman in her mid 40's lost 20 pounds and she said that she could now fit into her daughter's clothes. That was just... creepy. Okay, if you're in your mid forties, a 12 year old girl's T-shirt with Hannah Montana on it... kinda makes you look like a looney. And of course, wanna see what she looked like while dropping those huge 20 pounds? something similar to this.

Then of course all those Subway commercials where they belittle fat people to try to sell subs. oh yeah. like eating that stuff wouldn't put any weight on you. I miss the ones with Jon Lovitz and I loved the one with Peter Griffin... they should do more fun "Go out and buy our product" ads and less "You're a fat piece of crap if you don't eat our food" stuff.