How to get to Sesame Street and other information!

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey Bear, hope it's OK to help you out in answering some questions if there are others of us here on the boards who might know them.
BTW: Got questions of my own, mostly regarding characters for the Muppet Listings. Is all of SS fair game to ask you? Can we even ask about the international versions? Or is it just US SS?
Hope to hear from you soon before bombarding the thread with my own queries.

Thanks, Count. Please feel free to help out. There just might be something i leave out.

Also, I really am not too familiar with the international versions of SS. Sorry. As I have only really seen bits and peices of Plaza Sesamo. I am an English speaking American. It would make no sense for me to watch and enjoy those other programs without understanding a word they say. :zany:

BEAR

Reaction score
HOOTS THE OWL:
Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of documented/recorded information about him. The owl that you saw in Follow That Bird certainly looked a lot like Hoots, but it was a different character. The character of Hoots the Sax player did not arrive until much later.

SNUFFY:
It was 1985 when the writers decided to have Snuffy be seen by the adults on the street. One reason for this is that they were running dry on ways to have Snuffy to be "just missed". The creators and researchers also felt like this was sending a negative message to kids that adults would not believe them if they said something strange or unnormal. There was also issues of child molestation and abuse in the news at the time and SS were concerned that if parents or adults did not believe their children (even if it was true), that couldn't talk to them about more serious issues that may happen to them.

Keep 'em coming at your pace! Sorry for not checking back sooner to respond.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well I still have some unanswered ones from above:
• Does anyone have a copy of "The Arm" that David sings on the SS Live album?
• Is it me, or does Cookie's right eye spin and twitch more then his left?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I just have to say that this is a great thread!

I have just one question for right now:

-What was the deal with Frazzle the orange monster and what happened to him? Who played him? I remember actually being frightened of him when I was younger and then he just disappeared. So any info on Frazzle would be interesting to me.

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Well I still have some unanswered ones from above:
• Does anyone have a copy of "The Arm" that David sings on the SS Live album?
• Is it me, or does Cookie's right eye spin and twitch more then his left?
Sorry, I for one do not have a copy of "The Arm" available. Also, yes, I have also noticed the same the same thing about Cookie's eyes! I love how they google around like that.

BEAR

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I just have to say that this is a great thread!

I have just one question for right now:

-What was the deal with Frazzle the orange monster and what happened to him? Who played him? I remember actually being frightened of him when I was younger and then he just disappeared. So any info on Frazzle would be interesting to me.

Frazzle is a classic character. Unfortunately, he is also very obscure. I will be sure to check on it so I can give you as much info as possible. In the meantime, if anyone else wants to jump on this one, go for it!
Thanks, redBoobergurl.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for checking in and starting the thread Bear. The questions I have are precisely concerning the human cast from Plaza Sésamo, specifically who played what character or who was the character played by said actor/actress.

If I posted what I have, would you be able to help? Or would it be best if I saved the questions for someone more... uh, knowledgable on that specific subject?

BEAR

Reaction score
FRAZZLE:

Frazzle first appeared on Sesame Street in 1971 (season 3). It was in a Guy Smiley game show sketch called "Beat the Time." Apparently, unlike other Muppet monsters, Frazzle was meant to be scary, which led to less frequent appearances in the spotlight between the 80s and 90s because of his
Frazzle had his own language that sounded like some strange monster gibberish that he was known for. It wasn't until a sketch in 1993 that we hear him speak as he tries to check into the Furry Arms Hotel.

hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks for checking in and starting the thread Bear. The questions I have are precisely concerning the human cast from Plaza Sésamo, specifically who played what character or who was the character played by said actor/actress.

If I posted what I have, would you be able to help? Or would it be best if I saved the questions for someone more... uh, knowledgable on that specific subject?
I'm terribly sorry, Count. I just don't feel at all qualified to assist you in your Plaza Sesamo information. I would love to learn more about the program though. I am just not familiar enough with the characters, etc, to provide decent help.