How to get to Sesame Street and other information!

BEAR

Reaction score
Rattus P Rattus said:
is there a way to tell the differences of Frank Oz' Cookie Monster, Grover and Bert from David Rudman's Cookie Monster and Eric Jacobson's Grover and Bert?

I am glad you asked this, Rattus, because it is something that I have been studying lately. As far as Eric Jacobson's performances of Grover and Bert, i am still trying to figure it out. As of now, it just seems like a difference in vocal pitch to Frank. As far as the characterizations are concerned, so far I think that Jacobson has stayed true to the original concepts of the personalities. David Rudman's Cookie Monster differs quite a bit from Frank's and it is not difficult to notice. Again, there is a pitch thing going on. And to be honest, it just sounds like a poor attempt at imitating the character. David's Cookie seems dumber. Cookie Monster was not always the brightest monster on the street but he wasn't stupid either and David's Cookie acts like a dumb caveman. Basically, I feel like there is no depth in the character anymore. Like it is just something Rudman has to do.
Hope this helps somewhat. That is all I have to say for now until I can review the performances again. I will get back on this soon.

Sunrise

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Well I still have some unanswered ones from above:
• Does anyone have a copy of "The Arm" that David sings on the SS Live album?
I have an mp3 of this, burned from my SS Live record. Actually I have the whole record in mp3. Let me know if you're interested.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Why did Martin P. Robinson take over Mr. Snuffleupagus when Jerry Nelson was still there to do him?

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Why did Martin P. Robinson take over Mr. Snuffleupagus when Jerry Nelson was still there to do him?
That Announcer,

Jerry Nelson originated the role of Snuffy, but because the costume hurt his back, he gave up the part. Martin Robinson has been playing the role since.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Thanks, Bear! That one's been nagging me for a while there...

Coincidentally, my father believes that Snuffy's first appearance was when SS 'jumped the shark.'

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Thanks, Bear! That one's been nagging me for a while there...

Coincidentally, my father believes that Snuffy's first appearance was when SS 'jumped the shark.'
You're welcome, pal!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sunrise said:
I have an mp3 of this, burned from my SS Live record. Actually I have the whole record in mp3. Let me know if you're interested.
Extremely interested!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
"Out of the Can"

Things have been a little slow here for a few days. To stimulate some interesting conversation and insight, I will post a random Sesame Street fact. I will be doing this once in a while to keep things active. This will be the first of many. I will be calling these tidbit moments "Out of the Can" in honor of our grouchy pal Oscar. Speaking of Oscar, here is the first edition...

During the first year Oscar had a secret garden full of beautiful flowers in his can. Susan was the only one who knew about it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
do you know if rosevelt franklin had a regular performer or if he was usually performed by whatever performer was availible to perform him? I know that matt robinson always did the voice.

do you know if matt robinson continued to perform rosevelts voice after he stopped playing gordon? i ask because i know that roscoe orman, the third actor to play gordon, performed the voice pf one of rosevelts friends, hard head henry harris. or could roscoe orman have done the voice before becoming a human regular? or did another performer take over as rosevelt franklin?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I hope BEAR doesn't mind me answering or helping with his thread. :embarrassed:

As far as I know, usually Frank Oz would perform the puppet.

And yes, Matt continued to play Roosevelt's voice even after he didn't play Gordon anymore. There's one sketch (from about 1974) where Matt and Roscoe both do voices (Loretta Long, aka Susan, also does a voiceover):

http://www.toughpigs.com/anthhipster02.htm

According to Boober_Gorg's trade list, there's at least one song/segment where Roosevelt had a different voice (where he sang "Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet"). I've never seen it, so I don't know what it sounds like.