How to get to Sesame Street and other information!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The only city that comes to mind is Queens, NY.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
do you know which season was the last to regularly include rosevelt franklin or herbert birdsfoot skits? do you know what years proffessor hastings, harvey kneeslapper and little bird stopped appearing in new skits?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well minor muppetz, I looked at imdb.com and according to them Roosevelt Franklin skits were from 1969-1972, Professor Hastings was from 1970 only (no wonder there weren't too many!), Herbert Birdsfoot skits were from 1970-1973, Little Bird was from 1970-1986 and 1990 (I would have thought that Little Bird was ended in the 70's but I guess Fran Brill, at least occasionally, continued to do more LB skits) and Harvey Kneeslapper was from 1970 to 197? . So some time in the 70's was the final HK skit. I would guess late 70's since they made quite a bit.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
do you know which season was the last to regularly include rosevelt franklin or herbert birdsfoot skits? do you know what years proffessor hastings, harvey kneeslapper and little bird stopped appearing in new skits?
most of the RF segments stopped airing no later than probbly the late 70s. at least that's how I remember it.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Just a quick question, where does Bruno the garbage man appear?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
The last time I've seen HB and RF in an episode clip was 2002 (is that right?) in a sketch where they appeared at Bert's surprise party.

As for Little Bird, he has provided a few voiceless cameos in the 1980s and 1990s.

Bruno can be seen in the movie "Follow That Bird", but does not appear often. (And he'll probably never be seen again; according to Caroll Spinney, the guy inside Bruno, the puppet fell apart.) He can also be seen in the "Put Down the Duckie" special.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for your help.

I never knew the puppet fell apart.

BEAR

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
The last time I've seen HB and RF in an episode clip was 2002 (is that right?) in a sketch where they appeared at Bert's surprise party.

As for Little Bird, he has provided a few voiceless cameos in the 1980s and 1990s.

Bruno can be seen in the movie "Follow That Bird", but does not appear often. (And he'll probably never be seen again; according to Caroll Spinney, the guy inside Bruno, the puppet fell apart.) He can also be seen in the "Put Down the Duckie" special.

Just so everyone knows, because it is commonly forgotten or unknown, Little Bird is a GIRL. Just to remind everyone that refers to the character as a "he".

MuppetDude

Reaction score
What about the "Grin and Giggle w/ Big Bird" album? There's a song called "Mr. Big Bird, Mr. Little Bird". I've never heard Little Bird referred to as a girl on the show.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I know that Little Bird's performer is female; never heard for sure that Little Bird is a "she" though.

Bart Simpson and Bobby Hill are both performed by women; as was Charlie Brown once.