1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

How to get to Sesame Street and other information!

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by BEAR, Jun 4, 2005.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Thanks, Muppet Dude, for the help.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?
  3. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Well let's see...(and I think the older members of MC might get this):
    You ZOOM past Mr.Rogers Neighborhood take a left at The Electric Company and..3-2-1 CONTACT...you're there! :D
  4. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Kathy I love it! I just have to mention this as well: It's just past the Reading Rainbow!
  5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

And when you get to the Big Blue House, you've gone too far! ;)
  6. dietrich

dietrich Member

BEAR,

If you are an expert maybe you can help me out. Do you remember a skit where Olivia and Maria play farm girls who count sheep to fall asleep and then two sheep count people to fall asleep. I want to make sure that I'm remembering a real skit and not hallucinating. Thanks
  7. Fozzie Bear

I almost took this off topic! Glad you all caught it. I was actually wondering where the show is filmed at NOW, what address do the actors and performers go to when they are shooting the program?
  8. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

This is the only address I know of:

Sesame Workshop
    1 Lincoln Plaza
    New York, NY 10023
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Sorry, that doesn't ring a bell. Maybe someone else here can help.
  10. Fozzie Bear

Corporate offices are there. I know that address. They actually shoot somewhere else.
  11. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

The only city that comes to mind is Queens, NY.
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

do you know which season was the last to regularly include rosevelt franklin or herbert birdsfoot skits? do you know what years proffessor hastings, harvey kneeslapper and little bird stopped appearing in new skits?
  13. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Well minor muppetz, I looked at imdb.com and according to them Roosevelt Franklin skits were from 1969-1972, Professor Hastings was from 1970 only (no wonder there weren't too many!), Herbert Birdsfoot skits were from 1970-1973, Little Bird was from 1970-1986 and 1990 (I would have thought that Little Bird was ended in the 70's but I guess Fran Brill, at least occasionally, continued to do more LB skits) and Harvey Kneeslapper was from 1970 to 197? . So some time in the 70's was the final HK skit. I would guess late 70's since they made quite a bit.
  14. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

most of the RF segments stopped airing no later than probbly the late 70s. at least that's how I remember it.
  15. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Just a quick question, where does Bruno the garbage man appear?
  16. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

The last time I've seen HB and RF in an episode clip was 2002 (is that right?) in a sketch where they appeared at Bert's surprise party.

As for Little Bird, he has provided a few voiceless cameos in the 1980s and 1990s.

Bruno can be seen in the movie "Follow That Bird", but does not appear often. (And he'll probably never be seen again; according to Caroll Spinney, the guy inside Bruno, the puppet fell apart.) He can also be seen in the "Put Down the Duckie" special.
  17. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Oh, thanks for your help.

I never knew the puppet fell apart.
  18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Just so everyone knows, because it is commonly forgotten or unknown, Little Bird is a GIRL. Just to remind everyone that refers to the character as a "he".
  19. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

What about the "Grin and Giggle w/ Big Bird" album? There's a song called "Mr. Big Bird, Mr. Little Bird". I've never heard Little Bird referred to as a girl on the show.
  20. Fozzie Bear

I know that Little Bird's performer is female; never heard for sure that Little Bird is a "she" though.

Bart Simpson and Bobby Hill are both performed by women; as was Charlie Brown once.