1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

I Ain't Doing It!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Feb 4, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Daylight Savings Time has been officially extended effective this year: instead of mid-April, we now have to set our clocks forward in mid-March, and instead of late October, we now have to set our clocks back in late November. Well I'm not going to do it! I'm not all that fond of Daylight Savings Time: it being daylight outside till 10:00 at night doesn't feel natural, and were not supposed to re-set our clocks until mid-April and late October.

So while you all are busy ruining tradition, I still won't spring forward until mid-April, and I will have already fall back in late October while you all are still watching the sun set at no 9:30 at night!

Next thing you know, Christmas will be moved to August 13th, and Easter weekend will be in the dead of January!
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Thank you for telling me! I know I will.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Hear hear! I agree. It's all just a control mechanism for the Orwellian machine of the corporate mass media and government to keep us all enslaved...jump? How high sir? Uh uh. I will stand with you in your resistance!

ack...but then I will be all confuzzled by me being with the wrong time, will be late for work. And awwww *once again becomes a zombie for the machine*
  4. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

What sucks the most about this is that, I heard somewhere, my country will be doing it too just because YOUR country is, so it doesn't mess up trade or something.

And we're farther north than you so the amount of daylight thing is already screwy!
  5. D'Snowth

I was told that OUR country ASKED your country if they wanted to go along with it because apparently we weren't going to do it if others didn't want to as well.
  6. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Gosh, it sounds like our country is being run by a bunch of pre-teen girls. (no offense to any of those who may be out there)
  7. D'Snowth

ROFLMAO!!!
  8. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Whatever it was, if you ask us to do stuff most of the time we do because, and I've said this before, in certain aspects we are like your tag-along little brother. :rolleyes:
  9. D'Snowth

Oh come on, surely Canada can make it's own decisions, I mean they must otherwise they'd be in the middle of a hundred wars just like we are!
  10. furryredmonster

furryredmonster New Member

Nooooooooo.

I hate daylight savings time. :cry:

Why, why, why?
  11. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I couldn't agree more, Snowth. I think DLS should be eliminated all together. It's so stupid.
  12. D'Snowth

Now you're talking!!! But we'd have to take it up with Benjamin Franklin, the whole "Daylight Savings Time" concept was his idea!
  13. furryredmonster

He did? What's the point of DLS, anyway? It just makes us all mad.

EDIT: Your avatar is cute, Snowthy.
  14. D'Snowth

If I remember correctly, the concept to set our clocks forward in spring and summer months was because the daylight lasts longer and it gets warmer, thus not needing the use of excess candles for light and heat, or something like that.
    Have you noticed each day I've been having a different colored Yoshi for the past five days?
  15. furryredmonster

And we still use candles today? I say we abolish DLS!! (Everytime I type that I type "DSL" by accident...)

No, I haven't. The pink one is cute, though. ^_^
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well, apparently there's some debate about this, but some groups say the idea of saving daylight still applies today, with electronic light sources.
  17. D'Snowth

Well I'm talking about back during the days when there wasn't any electricity, nor lightbulbs.
  18. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I did! It's really cute. Yoshi's my fave. Especially in Super Smash Bros., just because he's so annoying to other players. :D
  19. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I thought I heard that DLS was invented by Ben Franklin at the same time as home electric use so that people would have to use it more.
  20. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Yeah, thanks a bunch Benjy:rolleyes: . My whole family hates day light savings time, but we don't really have a say in the matter, do we?:mad: