1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Mar 23, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The footage looks great, but the music really drowns the sound out, so it's difficult to really hear any of what's going on.
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

The exclusive Blu-Ray sold out... :cry:
  3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Well, I hope someone posts the bonus features that are exclusive to the special edition Blu-Ray up on Youtube or some other website when it comes out.
  4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I really do too!!!
  5. FrackleFan2012

It was nice seeing Samson, Tiffy, and Uli von Bodefeld from Sesamstrasse making a cameo in the Big Bird comic from 1980.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  6. CopperPot

CopperPot Member

Hi Guys!

Dave from Copper Pot here. So we totally underestimated the demand for the Blu-Ray-only package! 50 discs sold out in under four hours (we were initially only going to offer 25, but bumped it to 50 at the last minute).

Since the $99 Blu-Ray-only package sold out and people emailed us that they also wanted a digital download with their disc, we're going to offer a package that has the signed 2-disc special edition Blu-Ray, a digital download of the film and soundtrack and access to the production blog for $125. This incentive is going to go live TODAY (8/1/12) at 1 PM EST. 100 of these packages are going to be up for grabs! Remember, this is a KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE and will not be available in stores or online on places like YouTube, etc.

Thanks for working with us and understanding that this process is ongoing and evolving and we're trying to meet the demand.
  7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

minor muppetz likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

That was really good.

I was a little surprised though to see him credited as Caroll, I seem to recall during his cartooning days, he went credited as "Ed Spinney", but I could be mistaken.
  9. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Cindy,
    The trailer affected me the same way too. It was like it was it was Carroll's swan song from performing. And yes good things come to an end. Carroll's been doing Big Bird & Oscar for over 40 years. You're right about someone wanting to do this film about him.
  10. Phillip

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  11. Phillip

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  12. D'Snowth

"Oscar, what did you do with Big Bird?"
    :grouchy: *Feathers fly out of his mouth* Heh-heh-heh-heh!

That. Was. Gold.
  13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I still have to make my donation, but I sure hope you guys can make it (it's getting really close right now).
  14. FrackleFan2012

Does anyone know what year the Carroll Spinney in Australia concert happened in?
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

16. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Hi!:wisdom:

This film looks GREAT and I'm excited to see what you guys do. It's great you're doing this for Caroll. I was just wondering, will Caroll talk about his experiences working on the Sesame Street Live shows? Like will you have footage of him recording the voices in the studio? Hope to hear from you. :) :fanatic:
  17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've checked the Kickstarter page, and saw that they need nearly $12,000 more before reaching their goal!

Just thought about something: It's been said that one of the incentives for pledging money is a copy of the film's soundtrack. Will this be all original music composed for the film, or will it include songs sung by Caroll Spinney's characters?

Does Kickstarter only accept credit cards or does it also accept debit or checks?
  18. Phillip

It's done! "I Am Big Bird" is fully funded. Congratulations to Copper Pot Pictures who met their $100,000 Kickstarter goal and every fan who made this possible!

Continue to make contributions here to get great swag and help ensure even more rare clips are included...
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/472635228/i-am-big-bird
    panmanthe2nd and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  19. FrackleFan2012

YAAAAAY!!! :)

Thank you, backers for supporting "I Am Big Bird"!! (I am one of the backers for this project)

Hooray for Big Bird, Oscar, Bruno, Shivers, and all of other Spinney's characters!! :wisdom::grouchy:
  20. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'll still give 'em $25. I would love a DVD