"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperPot

Reaction score
I want to see this so badly.

No.

I NEED to see this so badly.
Ha! Love this excitement! You can help us make sure people see the film by spreading the word about the doc and the upcoming Kickstarter campaign!

Yorick

Reaction score
Thanks for stopping in to talk to us CopperPot! It's so very wonderful that you're making this film! I am looking forward to it so much, and it's kind of a shame that it can't be a 12 hour film or something, because once you've got all the footage you want together (both newly recorded just for the film, and various archives) I'm sure it will be very difficult when you're forced to edit and remove parts to get it down to "movie length". I say this because I can tell you love Mr. Spinney's contributions as much as we do! Thank you again!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
There's such a wealth of content in Spinney's life. Keeping it under two hours will be a challenge! Such an inspirational figure. I'm so glad this is being made.

CopperPot

Reaction score
Thanks for stopping in to talk to us CopperPot! It's so very wonderful that you're making this film! I am looking forward to it so much, and it's kind of a shame that it can't be a 12 hour film or something, because once you've got all the footage you want together (both newly recorded just for the film, and various archives) I'm sure it will be very difficult when you're forced to edit and remove parts to get it down to "movie length". I say this because I can tell you love Mr. Spinney's contributions as much as we do! Thank you again!
We should do a Band of Brothers-style miniseries. THAT would be epic! We'll get you guys as much as we can--promise!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, look how young he is, I didn't recognize him.

I remember reading in his book that when he was working on base, the heat was so bad during the summer that their 9 to 5 on base was 6 to 2.

Kye

Reaction score
Wow! I cant wait to see the whole thing! Thanks for sharing, Phillip!

CopperPot

Reaction score
Wow, look how young he is, I didn't recognize him.

I remember reading in his book that when he was working on base, the heat was so bad during the summer that their 9 to 5 on base was 6 to 2.
It sure was hot. Crazy hot! And we were bouncing around from air conditioned room to air conditioned room. Thanks for watching!

zns

Reaction score
It sure was hot. Crazy hot! And we were bouncing around from air conditioned room to air conditioned room. Thanks for watching!
Thank you for posting this. Are there any more videos or clips of Caroll, Big Bird, and Oscar that you could upload, stuff like maybe appearances on shows and movies, and thing of Big Bird onducting orchestras and such like the Boston Pops? Thanks and keep up the good work with the film. Thank you CopperPot for making this wonderful documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.