I Am Spaghetti

wolfy

Reaction score
The best potato salad I ever had had radishes in it...oh, I can still taste it in my mind...*sigh*

My hubby makes pancakes (usually with blueberries, because he's a Michigan boy) on the weekends.

Sometimes I make omlettes on the weekends...and the kind depend upon what we have in the house at the time. I make them from veggie to meat, cheese, tomato and mushroom, all fluffy and hot with the cheese dripping just enough to meld everything together...

Does anyone else get "cravings" when they watch cooking shows?

I was having a FIT last night watching "Emeril Live at Universal Studios, Orlando" and then watching "Food Finds" where they went Italian.

I wasn't even hungry, but all of a sudden I was going..."Oh, that 'Cheeseburger in Paradise' from Jimmy Buffet's restaurant looks SO GOOD," and "Mmmmm, that sausage and tomato dish from Chilaro's looks heavenly!"

Guess I was just under the influential powers of television (and what YUMMY television it was...)
wolfy (who is now drooling for her breakfast she didn't have, even though it's noon)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
My hubby makes pancakes (usually with blueberries, because he's a Michigan boy) on the weekends.
Sometimes I make omlettes on the weekends...and the kind depend upon what we have in the house at the time. I make them from veggie to meat, cheese, tomato and mushroom, all fluffy and hot with the cheese dripping just enough to meld everything together...
can you come and cook for me?!.....that sounds a heck of a lot better than eating cereal....

ryan

Beakie

Reaction score
I don't like bananas... and cherries...

I can't watch cooking shows... they are a form of torture...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
grapes and oranges are favorite fruits of mine

ryan

Mark Filton

Reaction score
It is BECAUSE I love the Fraggles that I tried to eat radishes. Blech.

Wolfy you make me think of breakfast right NOW at the middle of the night

Cooking shows are fun. Elmo was on the Frugal Gourmet one time. I miss the frugal gourmet.

Amazing that food still gets talked about. The different ways go on forever :big_grin:

wolfy

Reaction score
Gee, ryhoyarbie, it's not the weekend yet! So I guess I have to say "no" for now...sorry!

Besides, considering my oldest son eats cereal like it's going out of style (I swear we bought 18 boxes of cereal once and he ate at least 16 of them), I'd say that cereal is good for you, unless you just don't like to have the cold milk all the time...That can get wearing...

I don't eat cereal. Very rarely, if ever, and then it's usually hot cereal (don't scream, folks, I happen to like Cream o' Wheat, really)! Guess I'm weird...

I love fruit! Strawberries are my summertime weakness, although a good, honest-to-pete Georgia peach is the absolute best! Very difficult to find these days, though...you almost have to go to Georgia to get them.

I love getting them right off the tree and sinking my teeth into that rich, sweet, pungent juiciness, the warmth of the peach caressing the sides of your mouth while your lips just suck up the meat and peachy juices, then you kind of tilt your head back so the juice doesn't get on your shirt and there's this big smile on your face...(oops, drooling now...) I don't know...I just can't get this kind of love with a California or a Mexican peach...

Sorry...got caught up in the throes of a warm, suculent peach...

Okay...I'm fine now. Let's see, what else is there in the summer?

Oh, watermelon, cantelope, tomatoes, corn on the cob (fresh, hot, buttery, with just a hint of salt and pepper...dripping on your shirt), cotton candy from the fair!, the smell of any frying fair foods (to a point...like donuts or such, not some of those really gross deep-fried things, whatever they are), country market stalls along the roadside...and I loved the smell of barbeque in Tennesee when they cook it along the road.

One of the strangest things I had ever seen in my life (having never seen food cooked in the ground like that except for seafood and kimchee, that is) was the meat for barbeque in Tennessee, and some of it was SO peppery! That's that good ol' Southern barbeque, not this wimpy stuff that comes in bottles in the grocery store. This stuff was made by hand by each person differently at each place, and each one smelled SO GOOD...

Hmmmm...you're right, Mark...we do talk a lot about food, don't we? Especially me! Maybe I should shut up now and head off into the sunset (even though it is only 10 a.m.)...
wolfy

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
my mom never cooked when i lived at my parents house. she kept on giving me money and say go get the family something to eat. i don't think to many people cook now a days.....it's not like how it was 20 years ago where people would cook 4 or 5 times a week or maybe more....

ryan
Sorry Ryan, I still cook at least 5 times a week. You will have to find someone who will cook for you.

wockawocka

Reaction score
My favorite food is mashed potatoes! I LOVE MASHED POTATOES!!! Oh yeah, and pizza is pretty good too. :stick_out_tongue: