I don't like Clifford, do you?

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Clifford is an awesome character

I think Clifford is a great character..I remember the very first time I saw him...I think I was around age five..but I remember seeing him in one of the sketches and I have loved the character ever since...even though he looks like a cat fish..jk...You can defin. see Kevin's other side in it. As for Muppets tonight it fit him more than Kermit just because he had that leadership quality. I wish they still aired the show because I miss watching it...I watched it every single time it was on..well that and the dinosaurs.

-Sandee-

jediX

Reaction score
Since we are on the topic of Clash characters, what ever happened to Leon? He was awesome.

Clifford was alright on MT; my best assumption to why he was picked was because Kermit has hosted virtually every other prime time series. MT just gets a bad rep, for some reson. I dunno, I've always liked it...not as much as TMS or JHH, but it wasn't BAD or anything. They developed a working persona for Cliff.... seeing as before this he was pretty much just a bass player without much character development.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Actually, since I don't remember JHH too well, I'd have to say that I liked "Muppets Tonight!" Clifford. He was an okay host, but I agree that Kermit would have been much better. I actually prefer him without sunglasses for some reason.
I agree with you and Jedix...

MT wasn't half as good as TMS, anyway. I mean, Clifford was an okay host, no Kermit, but if it were Pepe, Johnny, Sal, whoever, we'd scold them for taking the frog's spot.

I liked Clifford as he was in the Walt Disney World Special. I wish he could stay with the band. But he was also good in MFS. To me, the new characters like him and pepe saved the film for me.

I love me Clifford, and I wish I actually bought the Beach party CD. He's one of my favorite Kevin Clash characters besides Elliot Shag (a Muppet cartoonist... I love him!)

rexcrk

Reaction score
I like him, the first time I saw him was when I was a wee lad and it was on Muppet Sing-A-Longs: It's not Easy Bein' Green" :smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I'm with the main group here.

Good character
Got too big too fast

jediX

Reaction score
I liked the "new" Mayhem band from the WDW special. What did Cliff play in that? I know he was bass in the "Solid Foam" band in JHH (produced by Dr. Teeth:big_grin:). Just throw my ol' pal Digit in there and you have one awesome band.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
I'm with the main group here.

Good character
Got too big too fast

And he wasn't even in AVMMCM... sigh... he got so big too fast, he fell...
Elmo nothing. I think he was one of Clash's best characters.

turlem

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
And he wasn't even in AVMMCM... sigh... he got so big too fast, he fell...
Elmo nothing. I think he was one of Clash's best characters.
aparantly that was only cuz he was busy, and i agree, i hate elmo and clifford's great, stange hunh?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I didn't notice that Clifford wasn't in VMX at all...odd. I could have handled it if he was. I like him.

I don't dislike Elmo, either. I like him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the previews of Elf? It has the guy hiding behind a huge display of Elmos. Cracks me up. :smile: