I Hate Fox!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thank you. I say if the media DID have a liberal bias, they would have been all over the RNC protests and the brutality of the police involved, and not making jokes about how Sarah Palin is the only vice president nominee that eats moose burgers.

But I think there's only so much you can blame on the corporations (the bribing the FCC to do what they did), but a lot of it is the fault of the general public. Let's face it... the right wing stuff is easily marketable. It's what I've been saying for years... the right just exploited the working class, religion, and values before the left got a jump on it. So basically, people listen to dangerous wackos like Anne Coulter and Mike Savage and Rush Limbaugh (who's freaking Mr. Rogers compaired to those 2), and no one listens to the passive agressive old 1980's comedians on the left. That's why the latest book that any one of the aforementioned can crap out in five minutes sells better than any of the books you just mentioned.

Personally, I think it's a total joke. I have no qualms and problems with views like that, but the childish name calling and the fear mongering that they put out is unAmerican. I wouldn't tollerate it if a Left wing guy actually had the guts to do it, and I sure as shell don't tolerate it coming out of these idiot talk show hosts. I wanna see more pundits like Ben Stein. I don't always agree with him, but he talks to people like adults. He argues his point, and even brings up facts most of the time... and without the need to say that crap the others say.

Is it so much to ask for an intelligent political conversation between 2 mature adults of different parties, and not childish name calling or stand up?

wiley207

Reaction score
The Fox station in my area used to always preempt the Simpsons syndicated reruns for half a month just to show the MLB playoff pre-game shows, but never the World Series in most cases. And it's almost always just boring national league games or some American League team I never heard of (I prefer the Red Sox). Lately they've been a bit better with it; they only preempt the Simpsons for the pre-game shows occasionally. Other nights they show the Simpsons. And it was wise of the Simpsons producers to start their seasons in September instead of November. But I just hope they don't move "Treehouse of Horror" to December in the future! Unless they do a Christmas-themed segment, then it could work.

And nearly every show they air is almost always advertised as "Viewer discretion advised." I wonder if this means Fox really WILL become a hard-core sex channel by 2010? :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And it was wise of the Simpsons producers to start their seasons in September instead of November. But I just hope they don't move "Treehouse of Horror" to December in the future! Unless they do a Christmas-themed segment, then it could work.
2 Things...

I've also noticed that they've started all the seasons at the beginning of September, but I wonder why they didn't just air the Halloween special last week (their last week of regular episodes before the World Series), and then re-air it again, after the series. They did rerun last years again.

and 2... you wouldn't believe it, but they DID have a Christmas themed Halloween special, but (here's where the irony lies) it was in the Tree House of Horror comic book. It was basically about an alien race that disguised itself as pine trees. And Homer winds up killing it by forgetting to water it, and then watering it all too clumsily by dropping the bucket of water on the tree's lights.

wiley207

Reaction score
=
and 2... you wouldn't believe it, but they DID have a Christmas themed Halloween special, but (here's where the irony lies) it was in the Tree House of Horror comic book. It was basically about an alien race that disguised itself as pine trees. And Homer winds up killing it by forgetting to water it, and then watering it all too clumsily by dropping the bucket of water on the tree's lights.
I actually remember that! I also remember Homer thinking the alien's death scream when getting electrocuted was the smoke detector going off!

I think doing a segment about Christmas on the real ToH show would be a good idea, but not using the same plot from this comic.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think they wanna do the ToH shows around the same time as Halloween. I mean, if they do it too early, then that's kinda pointless. It'll be like doing a Christmas episode in the beginning of April.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Luckily, it's only 2 days after Halloween this year. Usually it's a week.