I Love the 90s MC thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Anybody remember that game Magic? It was so annoying to me and I did not get the appeal?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
World Wildlife Fund silly :excited:! *lol* You need to read a few more nature magazines :wink:.
Not to mention realise that thanks to said Wildlife Fund for Nature's lawsuit win, Vince McMahon had to change from the World Wrestling FEDERATION to World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT.

Unfortunately, "the E" has--for the most part, sans a few gems (like Mr. Kennedy...Kennedy and Montel Vontavious Porter [M.V.P], for instance)--lacked entertainment ever since a certain game-playing & sledgehammer-weilding Paul Lavesque and billion dollar princess, Stephanie McMahon started dating at the end of The Attitude Era.

And to make matters worse, they have two children now...*lol*

I say this because Stephanie--quite frankly--is good at being a McMahon & mother to her children, but sucks as head of creative decisions for the company, because she is the one who has allowed horrendous garbage (such stories as The Black Wedding [The story made the phenomal Mark "Undertaker" Calaway second fiddle to her family...again], Making-Glen "Kane" Jacobs-A-Glorified-Jobber [The Katie Vick storyline mainly--as it negated Kane's entire character history as Undertaker's half-brother prior to the angle--considering Glen himself wanted to change the Big Red Machine as a character, anyhow], Making-A-Mock-Of-Eddie-Guerrero's-Legacy [See the fueds of Rey & Chavo], etc.) to take place.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unfortunately, "the E" has--for the most part, sans a few gems (like Mr. Kennedy...Kennedy and Montel Vontavious Porter [M.V.P], for instance)--lacked entertainment ever since a certain game-playing & sledgehammer-weilding Paul Lavesque and billion dollar princess, Stephanie McMahon started dating at the end of The Attitude Era (and to make matters worse, they have two children now; *lol*).
Tell me about it. I'm not a huge Wrestling fan, but every time I see a commercial for Smackdown, I expect to see Wally Tusket or Dialbolic in it. It's even more cartoony than Ultimate Muscle and Mucha Lucha combined.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Tell me about it. I'm not a huge Wrestling fan, but every time I see a commercial for Smackdown, I expect to see Wally Tusket or Dialbolic in it. It's even more cartoony than Ultimate Muscle and Mucha Lucha combined.
LOL!

Despite being a die-hard fan (i.e.; one who--despite the backstage BS, steriod and sex scandals, and ego problems--will probably be a fan of the company until it ends), I agree.

The problems aren't really all management's fault (although the McMahons & Hunter Hearst Helmsley [Triple H] aren't helping matters any), because some of the talent's own attitudes--Randy Orton, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, and a few others come to mind--leave something to be desired, as "good ol' J.R." Jim Ross would say.

I mean, combine shoddy management whose storylines suck arse with talent that's not willing to improve themselves (such as the aforementioned, who think they deserve things to be handed to them [for even HHH worked his way up before macking it up with Steph]) and you have a company in disarray.

Although I do say this for the company...At least it is not trying to mooch off something else, like TNA's been doing with its WCW-esque booking and rehashing of been-there-done-that storylines that are like those of The Monday Night Wars (ex: Jay Lethal as a Macho Man rip-off, SharkBoy as a Steve Austin rip-off, ex-WWE talent that decided to leave being shoved into the spotlight [ex: Kurt Angle, Booker T, Christian, etc. being in contention for the top title and old teams like The Dudleyz & New Age Outlaws fueding over the tag belts], Vince Russo writing for the company ala his WCW tenure, West & Tenay STILL announcing when their skills suck even when compared to Micheal Cole's, etc.).

Redsonga

Reaction score
*Hears the sound of something she knows nothing about (but the name change lawsuit) go flying over her head*

You don't say *lol* :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*Hears the sound of something she knows nothing about (but the name change lawsuit) go flying over her head*

You don't say *lol* :smile:
Simply put, ever since Vince lost to the Fund, the former Federation--now "the E" as I call it--has lost its spark, sans a small lot of possible contenders (like Kennedy & M.V.P mentioned earlier).

However, despite its loss though, it is still going strong, because it--unlike TNA--is not altogether rooted in the past (in terms of storylines), but still recognizes the fans who've been there since...practically forever by sometimes bringing back those things that people have grown up with (such as the nWo and DX revivals [though both were not as good as the group's original days] and the short-lived fued of Kane [Glen Jacobs, now unmasked] facing a Masked Imposter [Drew Hankinson, now known as Festus] akin to the Undertaker [Mark Calaway in purple gloves] verses Undertaker [Brian Harris--aka Brian Lee--in gray gloves] fued of years gone by).