I Love the 90s MC thread

Redsonga

Reaction score
So back to the Nicktoons of the 90's...Which are your favorites? Mine would be Doug (all seasons), the first & second seasons of Rugrats, most of Rocko's Modern Life, a good portion of Angry Beavers (if only for Richard "Zim & Billy" Horvitz' voice acting of Dagget), and a few seasons of Hey, Arnold!.
Doug, Rugrats and hmm..I can't think of any others I liked, most of my favorite cartoons were the anime ones on the first Nick Jr. like The Lil' Bits, David The Nome and Maya The Bee:excited:

*Is not a Nicktoon but can't help putting in a plug for her favorite ice age boy named Cro again :wink:*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And let's not forget Muppet Babies on Nick too, alongside The Muppet Show!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
So back to the Nicktoons of the 90's...Which are your favorites?
Ren and Stimpy
Hey Arnold
Angry Beavers
CatDog
Rugrats
All That
Kenan and Kel
and Kablam
(and the early seasons of Spongebob)

Doug was ok, back then, i found it a little boring. but i like it more now (which stinks because they don't air it anymore.) but i only liked Nick's Doug, not Disneys Doug.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I tried watching the Rugrats. I thought it was horrible. Nickelodeon just doesn't make good cartoons, atleast cartoons I like to see.

Bring back the old Pinwheel series from the 80's! Oops, wrong thread!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I can't think of any others I liked, most of my favorite cartoons were the anime ones on the first Nick Jr. like The Lil' Bits, David The Nome and Maya The Bee:excited:
I love the shows on Nick Jr.'s old line up!

I've seen the Gummy Bares before and I wasn't very interested in it. But it's something I really want to see now. I just didn't get it back then.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And who can forget SNICK with the orange couch on Saturday nights on Nick? Or who could forget Stick Stickley during the summer "Nick in the Afternoon" block of programs?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doug, Rugrats and hmm..I can't think of any others I liked, most of my favorite cartoons were the anime ones on the first Nick Jr. like The Lil' Bits, David The Nome and Maya The Bee:excited:

Know what's a total snork up? Nick refuses to air any anime programs, and yet, most of it's 1980's line up was dubbed anime kiddy shows. Frankly ones that aren't that good. Of course, I couldn't see them dubbing Anpanman or Doraemon and airing it at that time....

Plus I always hated David the Nome. I saw it over a friends house a few times, and it bored me to death. I hated the Noozels too. I was always saying, "why isn't that Danger Mouse show I keep hearing about on?"

anyway, I loved most of the Nicktoons. Even a good portion of the new ones. The only Nicktoon I ever hated was Rocket Power. Just an unpleasant side effect of the X Games/extreme sports fad at that time. The characters were flat, and I'm betting the kids who loved it wouldn't so much as shoot a few hoops in their backyard.

But Ren and Stimpy, Rocko, Angry beavers, Zimm, Real Monsters (a precursor to Monsters Inc, at least in some aspects), Hey Arnold, Spongebob, Oddparents and Doug... I love them all.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Frankly ones that aren't that good. Of course, I couldn't see them dubbing Anpanman or Doraemon and airing it at that time....

Plus I always hated David the Nome. I saw it over a friends house a few times, and it bored me to death. I hated the Noozels too. I was always saying, "why isn't that Danger Mouse show I keep hearing about on?"
They we're good to you :wink:. I loved them..But slower paced loving nature sugary 'kiddy' anime)shows have always been my cup of tv (Along with my love for My Little Pony, the Care Bears cartoons)...Ren and Stimpy on the other hand was my anti-show that would get my label for not that good when I was looking to watch David The Nome or The Adventures Of The Little Koala...But everyone is different :smile:.

I was more of a Tiny Toon Adventures fan than an Animaniacs one to :smile:..I didn't hate anything about them, but I liked the more..mellow feeling of Tiny Toons? Something like that ^.^...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Too bad two of the more risque Nicktoons--Ren & Stimpy and Invader ZIM--fell by the wayside, because their creators either got the shaft or decided to quit due to "creative differences" in how the shows ought to have aired. But then again, the creators of R&S and IZ--for instance, Johnen Vasquez for the latter--stood by the different, weird, gross, and even disturbing at times.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Too bad two of the more risque Nicktoons--Ren & Stimpy and Invader ZIM--fell by the wayside, because their creators either got the shaft or decided to quit due to "creative differences" in how the shows ought to have aired. But then again, the creators of R&S and IZ--for instance, Johnen Vasquez for the latter--stood by the different, weird, gross, and even disturbing at times.
Weird and gross were never my thing but at least if you like those shows there are DVDs now :smile:. I tried to watch R&S, I watched many episodes..but it wasn't for me:sympathy: