I Love the 90s MC thread

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yep..it's a very old toy..my ma even had one and she was 41 when I was born so..it's been around a long time...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was an 80s or 90s thing, but this made me think of the Squiggle Pen. Did anyone else have those? It was a hot item in my elementary (middle?) school :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yep..it's a very old toy..my ma even had one and she was 41 when I was born so..it's been around a long time...
Yeah, it looks as if it might have been around a for a long time.

I'm not sure if this was an 80s or 90s thing, but this made me think of the Squiggle Pen. Did anyone else have those? It was a hot item in my elementary (middle?) school :smile:
I think so. I defiantly remember when Yikes! Pencils were all the rage!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Since the movies they have pretty much restarted his life again...
They've done the same for Bruce and Clark, too. And pretty soon, the Titans will again get a make-over, with Judas Contract coming out (and this would a more true-to-comic-life form of the storyline [with Tara "Terra" Markov being truly cold-hearted and uncaring], instead of being something watered down like the animated series' second season). ^_^

but when I am nice to people like that they see that I am basically an open easy to hurt person and they bite down on the nearest spot of me emotionally
I've had that happen, too. Indeed, it's no fun. But thankfully, we possibly may have finally found kindred spirits here. XD

Redsonga

Reaction score
I still love Yikes! pencils, I refuse to think that they are out of style :stick_out_tongue:!

The trouble is with restarting, it always gives me the feeling they don't care about the older fans that liked the characters for how things were before..I miss how family like the 90's X-Men were..now it's like a really bad soap opera :frown:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, for some, character change can be good. For example, until she was done in the 2003 animated series, Raven--as a character--had a bland personality that was just...there. With her change to the character she is now (although it's dark, it's also full of sarcastic wit and wordly knowledge), she's gotten far more respect.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I also remember when the Trapper Keeping seemed like the coolest thing around to have!