I saw "It's A Very Muppet Christmas Movie"...and WOW!!!!

ChellisPal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Much to my surprise on Tuesday, I was able to obtain a copy of "Its A Very Muppet Christmas Movie" for a good source who shall remain annonymous. Anyways I think many of you will be very pleased with what this film offers us fans. I'd have to say it looks like things are on the right track for these characters, and hopefully this can be some foreshadowing for what the new series will be like. I am willing to answer any questions you may have, but like John Franklin, I will not give away major plot points.
But as I said please ask away...
The Muppets are back and it's great!!!!

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by ChellisPal
Hi everyone,

Much to my surprise on Tuesday, I was able to obtain a copy of "Its A Very Muppet Christmas Movie" for a good source who shall remain annonymous. Anyways I think many of you will be very pleased with what this film offers us fans. I'd have to say it looks like things are on the right track for these characters, and hopefully this can be some foreshadowing for what the new series will be like. I am willing to answer any questions you may have, but like John Franklin, I will not give away major plot points.
But as I said please ask away...
The Muppets are back and it's great!!!!
Is Miss Piggy as b*tchy throughout the special as she is in that unfortunate sketch with the cast of "Scrubs"?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Instead of telling us what Muppets were in it, could you tell us which ones you found missing? Might make it easier. I have a feeling that many Muppet Monsters, Frackles and Seymour-like characters may have not made it into the final cut. How many stars (out of 5) or what letter grade would you give it?

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Instead of telling us what Muppets were in it, could you tell us which ones you found missing? Might make it easier. I have a feeling that many Muppet Monsters, Frackles and Seymour-like characters may have not made it into the final cut. How many stars (out of 5) or what letter grade would you give it?
What, exactly, is a Frackle? Could you mean Fraggle? And who is Seymour?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
.A frackle is a smaller kind of Muppet Monster. Incidentally, the name "Fraggle" originated from the word frackle. Jim Henson replaced the rough sounding k sound with a double g to soften the word. Boppity (the blue frackle) and Gloat (the green frackle) were regulars on the Muppet Show. There was a purple frackel too. There is also Moe the Frackle who was on Family Feud last year. He was green too, but looked more like Boppity.

Seymour is Pepe's short-trunked elephant sidekick from Muppets Tonight. He is performed by Brian Henson. For some reason he was missing from Muppets From Space. He was never a big character on his own, but made a great team with Pepe.

ChellisPal

Reaction score
Heres a few answers to what was asked, feel free to ask away...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by murgatoad

Is Miss Piggy as b*tchy throughout the special as she is in that unfortunate sketch with the cast of "Scrubs"?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-To answer this q, I'm going to say i really think the scene is what Miss piggy is all about. She really "hams" it up. Throughout the movie I think Piggy is back to being the way she should be.Eric does a fantastic job of performing her. There are some really great scenes where Piggy really does shine. So, no, I dont think she was B*tchy at all, she was Piggy, an I think everyone will be pleased.

quote:
Originally posted by frogboy4
-I think its safe to say a little bit about the characters that are in it, Heres an idea of who we see, but I'm not going to ruin who talks more than others, again, fans will be pleased.but if anyone doesnt wanna see this I will put it further down in this post
SPOILER!!!!!!!
Kermit, Piggy,Fozzie,Pepe,Gonzo,Rizzo,Bunsen,Beaker,Scooter,Sam,Floyd,Janice,Zoot,Dr Teeth,Bobo,Statler,Waldorf,Robin,Lew,Harry,
Mr.Poodlepants,Johnny,Sal,Rowlf,Sweetums,Sweedish Chef,
Zippity(the frog from MT w/shades),Beauregard,Bean,Pops...I cant think of who else, I have to take another look at it, im sure there are a few I missed, but the MT ones I said were the onles I saw...I was very sad to not see Clifford around,it makes me wonder who Kevin Clash did play since he was in the end credits.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
if people are reading this thread then they want spoillers so, you don't have to worry:smile:

POODLEPANTS!!! POODLEPANTS!!!Nooooooooooooo! The movie is ruined! please please tell me you were joking or that he's just seen as a background character withno real lines at all! Please!
I wish i could distroy that puppet along with bill the bubble guy!

Thanks for that this thought, oh you forgot animal right;-) so pops and beau are in it? but no lines huh? yeah clifford defantly should have been in this along with Dr. Phil Vannuter and Zippity and poodlepants should have been ripped out.

I think andy and randy would be better then Poodlepants, at least they are part of piggys family, dumb...but part of the family. i wish henson would get there main charcters all together for once, i don't think it's ever been done since jim henson's pasing, and i don't mean SS or FR muppets, i mean the TMS/MT Muppets, atleast the important ones and fan favorites.

I found MTI and MCC littered, littered with no name, no species type muppets, not that i think new characters should not have been made for it, but what was the point in having that old frog-monster puppets in the guessing game part of MCC, When Pop's, athough jerry was performing a funny looking and non strangpork sounding strangpork then, but how about beau?

i think there are too many wierd characters in these movies and not many familer faces. what's with the potato female muppet in MTI?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
ChellisPal

hey can i ask if you got the VHS or DVD copy?
did you geta cover art copie or just the video? I would take a good guess the cover art is the picture on the henson web site.

Also just to clear it up and final, Snoop nor the pepe and JC scenes along with anyother that were cut are not in the video right?

Thanks

Zack)Rowlf the, i hope poodlepants doesn't spoill the show,Dog.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by ChellisPal
Heres a few answers to what was asked, feel free to ask away...

quote:
Originally posted by murgatoad

-To answer this q, I'm going to say i really think the scene is what Miss piggy is all about. She really "hams" it up. Throughout the movie I think Piggy is back to being the way she should be.Eric does a fantastic job of performing her. There are some really great scenes where Piggy really does shine. So, no, I dont think she was B*tchy at all, she was Piggy, an I think everyone will be pleased.

Well, if "obnoxious" and "unfunny" is what she's about, all righty then. :big_grin:

Stulz

Reaction score
Clifford

I also thought it was odd that Clifford was a no-show ..

I saw a rough cut and Jerry nelson's characters (Lew Zealand , Statler) were performed by another puppeter and the voices were off, Did they fix them in the final mix??