I saw "It's A Very Muppet Christmas Movie"...and WOW!!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What's with Jerry's recent absence from the Muppets?

Ryan

Reaction score
I truthfully think his age is affecting him. I mean, if you look at the "We are Family" video, his puppetry is pretty bad.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
What's with Jerry's recent absence from the Muppets?
yeah, he did do the denny's ad though,i don't knowif he was puppeting Statler or not.

ChellisPal is Jerry listed in the credits or not?

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
i just want to know who performs the muppets we haven't seen in a while. I'm pretty sure Rowlf is by Bill Barretta, but who does Scooter,Janice,Dr. Teeth (John Kennedy?), and even Sam?

Stulz

Reaction score
New Performers

Brain Henson performed Scooter and you can tell.
Scooters voice seems very simailar to Sals' now.. especially when they are in scenes together.

Janice's is deeper tehn everyones' used to ... posibly also done by Brain, not sure on that one, May even be Bill.

Bill also performed Lew and Statler in the movie.

and I think Eric Jacobson is doing ALL of Franks' characters now.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
awesome. thanks so much. i'm glad to see Brian Henson is still an active member of the Henson team even though he stepped down as the chairman. I can't wait to see this movie. 6 DAYS!

ChellisPal

Reaction score
hey everyone....
here are some answers to what was asked...to clear things up here is the order of they sit in the theatre during one scene where Kermit talks to them:
Row1-Beaker,Bunsen,Fozzie,Gonzo,Janice,Sam,Scooter
Row2-Dr.Teeth,Chef,Beau,Rowlf,Camilla,Rizzo,Lew,Johnny,Sal
Row3-a Sheep,Zippity,Floyd,Animal,Poodlepants,Bobo,Zoot,Some guy who i've never sen before,Crazy Harry
Row4- Sweetums
of course missing from this scene are Piggy, Bean, Pepe,Statler & Waldorf
But this pretty good idea of who is in it

ZACK THE DOG:
The version I recieved was a VHS which is a roughcut sent out to the media for reviewing, and yes it has a hard case festuring full color art, and the pic from the website, on the back is lil pics of the human gueststars. No Snoop in this tape, as for stuff added or cut, I suppose i have to wait until Friday to compare.
Yes Poodlepants is in it very briefly, he does ok, like you said, I would have rather seen Clifford, Seymor or Andy & Randy. But for the most part he is just a background charcter, and the obly scene I remeber Zippity is while Kermit addressing the gang in the theatre, he is just background charcter And yes I'm sorry for not mentioning Animal, he is in there. and Yes, Jerry is listed in the credits.so he is still involved as far as we can see, in my copy some of his voices are off, but since its a rough cut, that may be dubbed over for the final version.

STULTZ:
I beleive Eric is doing everyone, except Fozzie, I'm pretty sure that he is being done by John Kennedy, which he did in the Weezer Video.

MURGATOAD:
I think Piggy is on the right track, it's not frank, but Eric's got a good feel of the character it seems, and in time I believe she will right on the money. Piggy was great in this movie I thought, and I really hope everyone else thinks so.This is really a great return for them

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have another question. Is the running length of your (commercial free) tape about 100 minutes? The special listed as a two hour special on TV Guide's website so that would fall in line with being about the right length. When Snoop was first cut, Henson reported that thirty minutes was cut from the special. It seems once they cleared up their motives they put the footage back in withough Snoop Dog. Just wondering.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That sounds about right. 7min 30 seconds of commecials per half hour.