I saw "It's A Very Muppet Christmas Movie"...and WOW!!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i had heard a rumor that the words 'retired' and 'Clifford' fit well together nowdays. I doubt he'll be in the Fox show either.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well that's a shame. I don't dislike Clifford. He was shoved down our throats without him having a chance to find his niche (like Pepe). I guess he turned into the Muppet equivalent of New Coke. I hope he emerges here and there.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
besides for Cillford it's odd that Dr. Phill isn't in this either, i guess Brian was very busy with Scooter and Sal. I wonder how Brian does with scooter? i mean it was richards borther that did is MFS voice right? I Don't know who did the voice for Muppet racemania but i like that voice.

yeah i don't dislike cifford either but a few short cameos here and there are nice like in MFS, i mean cillford was at Muppet Fest and Dr. Phil was on Family Fued, which will be a year from now this monday! Can you belive that? Boy time goes by fast!

Zack)Rowlf the, glad Poodle pants has a short cameo, but this fat pig Muppet what's that all about? Dog.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Brain Henson performed Scooter and you can tell. Scooters voice seems very simailar to Sals' now.. especially when they are in scenes together.
*falls over* Brian did Scooter? To quote from Road Rovers, "I would not have predicted this!"

I wonder how Brian does with scooter? i mean it was richards borther that did is MFS voice right? I Don't know who did the voice for Muppet racemania but i like that voice.
Yeah, I'm wondering how Brian does with Scooter too, like how close to Richard's Scooter his voice is. Yes, Richard's brother did do Scooter's voice for MFS (his name is Adam). The guy who did Scooter's voice for Racemania was Matt Vogel; he also did Janice for the game, and I think he also subs for Big Bird from time to time.

-Kim

ChellisPal

Reaction score
I thought Brian did ok with Scooter, after listening to it again, its a little high and close to being like Sal. But still its good to have this charcater back in action again.
Yes Matt Vogel did do the voices for Janice and Scooter in Racemania, and yes I know for a fact that he dons the bird's suit everyonce in a while.

On the topic of voices, I think thats the one thing people will be picky about in this film. Sure it will take a little getting used too, but we have to give John, Eric, and yes even Brian, a chance to get the feel for these chrarcters, it took Steve a while but I think he finally has Kermit nailed now. It wont look good if all of us fans are complaining that someone doenst sound quite right, we should be supporting the Henson Co. and this movie to make sure these guys will back again & again.

Sorry to stand on a soapbox with this, but that was my 1st reaction when watching the movie, and I hope that everyone doesent pick it apart, and just appreciate it for being a new Muppet movie, and hopefully the kickoff for a era in Muppet History.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Sorry to stand on a soapbox with this, but that was my 1st reaction when watching the movie, and I hope that everyone doesent pick it apart, and just appreciate it for being a new Muppet movie, and hopefully the kickoff for a era in Muppet History.
yes, i even think it's good for brian to take on a major classic charcter, i mean sal, dr phil and seymore were not really major characters, with scooter Brian can be in the gang more.

It's like with bill doing rowlf on the making of the video for weezer, it sounded like bobo, but i was so happy to here rowlf talking it didn't matter, plus you could here Bill making rowlf sound out his V's with " Pepe said it's vvvery important" so that's a diffrence, and i can't wait to here is short lines in this new movie, if that is correct?

Zack)Rowlf the dog

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Does Bean talk at all in the movie?
it was said in another thread that his scene is very simaliar to the MFS squished door scene, maybe he'll make a squished sound, but i don't know about any line.