I so do not fit in... ^^;

Vic Romano

Reaction score
EL, I happen to love your work. I have your Deviant Art page booked marked. Check this out from the "MC Forum Awards" thread:
Vic Romano on 6-13-05 said:
Best Animator/Artist: Effraylo, Jamie and EleganceLiberty
I thought I commented on the HHGTTG and FR crossover pic, and am so PO'd I didn't because I strongly support fan art, especially Muppet Fan Art. The truth of the matter is that the "Fan Fic" community here is stronger then the "Fan Art" community (and there's nothing wrong with that, it's great to have so many wonderful writers here), but it does leave threads of Fan Art relatively bare, unless of course you're Effraylo who can pump out 7,000 pictures a second to keep the reviews coming in :smile:. But I think the best summary of it is the "Opinion" idea as stated by Cantus. In all brutal honesty? Opinions, or rather; opinions that aren't shared by the general user, are in no way shape or form respected, tolerated or acknowledged. I've swallowed pride a few times to save face, mainly because I like everyone here, but that doesn't change the fact that you will be looked down upon if you don't agree with something. Now before any of you blast me for being negative or untruthful; try and look on the other side of the fence first. I've always been respectful of differing opinions of my own, as I believe everyone has the right to state what they feel and believe... you don't have to agree, but you don't have to be a jerk about it either.

luvtosr

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I've always been respectful of differing opinions of my own, as I believe everyone has the right to state what they feel and believe... you don't have to agree, but you don't have to be a jerk about it either.
'S'true y'know folks. If we all buckle down and accept not everyone has the same take on things then it can actually breed really interesting discussions and ideas. Opposite theories can merge to create new things neither party would think of and it can be fun debating over things as long as each party recognises that the other has the right not to change their mind about stuff and is in no way stupid or beneath them because of it.

I've only had one thing on this forum get my back up so far (but then I'm keeping mynose out of most topics till I know more about them) and that was about people not being able to call themselves FR fans if they haven't seen all 96 eps. or if they ever make a little mistake. But, you know, there's lots of space for everyone and everyone should be treated with respect. Plus it'd be kinda boring if we all felt exactly the same way about everything.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Hey I've never really fit in, ever, in school or anywhere. But of course I really don't care either. I have my friends and my books, and I'm happy, or as happy as I can be. I reconize not fitting in here, cause my thing is more fantasy then Muppets. I'm only here cause of Lisa, but I still have some funny.

Beauregard

Reaction score
RD, I eagerly await your posts! But, yeah, there arn't that many JHC fantisy fans here...

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
Beauregard: Heh, I wouldn't worry. I've caught worse heat for other things. XD You didn't rattle my cage too much, but it was kinda upsetting initially 'cause I was still techincally 'new'.

It's all water under the bridge now though. =]

As for the opinions thing, I don't know a whole lot about the 'behind the scenes' stuff with Muppet-dom, so I tend to stay silent on alot of things. ('If I claim to be a wise man, then it surely means that I don't know...')

But with the 'true Fraggle Fan' remark, I felt I had to say something. I've seen enough of that elitism in other fandoms (mainly anime and American comic groups), and I had thought Fraggle fans were above those sorta petty judgments.

As for 'the other place', I primarily lurk there. They're good people there, at least from my experience. But since I don't want this to turn into a MC vs. TP thread, that's all I'm saying on the matter. But that and MC are both tightly knit communities that are admittedly intimidating to newcomers upon first glance.

Xerus

Reaction score
Please don't worry EleganceLiberty. I sometimes have posted mistakes on this board and almost ended up not wanting to come back. But I learned to overcome it and I'm still on this board. I hope you'll find your smile soon. :smile:

Xerus

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oy! It's alright. I was for the most part, ignored until I made a completely ridiculous post (The TKO...) You get **hugs** because I always see you around and think you're cool. This is actually the only Muppet fandom I'm on, and of course it's always hard to break into any community. And you don't post a whole lot either, so maybe some people haven't had a chance to see your whole spectrum of... you, yet!
Plus, you can't really "fit in", per se, with a community online that's always changing and stuff. But don't shy away. Yeah, everyone's got an opinion, and yours may be different than some, but that's what makes for a stronger, more interesting, and more diverse community. If community's didn't change, they'd just die out after awhile. You know, stagnation leads to downfall and everything else I read about in history class.

And what's this I hear about you doing fanart? I don't often check that forum. But if you have a DA account, what's your SN? I'd love to see your stuff!

BEAR

Reaction score
Please don't let a few shut downs from a few people get you down. There are always a small handful of those in every group. Here at Muppet Central you will find all sorts, but about 98% of us are very friendly and accepting. Tomorrow I will have been here for 2 months and I have really enjoyed it. I feel like I have met some wonderful new friends here who share some of the same things I do. It is really a wonderful family and I am happy for you to be here. I would love to hear more from you in discussions and games. I know we just met, but I wanna send you a big Bear hug and Rosita kiss on the forehead!!
Bryan (aka Bear)

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Elegance, you fit in fine. Everyone is accepted here. Even if you don't like Muppets, this is a great place to talk about anything with great and friendly people. You shouldn't ever feel left out.

luvtosr

Reaction score
I really hope you don't mind EL but...
here's her dA gallery. I'm sure you'll all agree it's a pretty cool collection of work. I don't get a lot of the references but I sure do like the pics. (There's a really cool Boober amongst all that anime too!) So there you are, everyone. Enjoy!