I so do not fit in... ^^;

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've noticed threads like this popping up from time-to-time over the years (even in the old "Delphi forum" days). I also notice it's usually a younger person who's posting it.

The thing is, around MC (and TP) there are a TON of people who have different ideas and ways of life, and there are always going to be ways to fit in with someone. It's not so much about finding the 'niche' in the forums of either MC or Toughpigs, but rather getting in there and posting. If folks get rude or flaming, that's why there are moderators.

I post at both MC and TP. Why? A lot of the folks who used to post here in my early years have moved over there to TP, and I still have fun out of all of them there, too. To fit in there? They have guidelines up about posting etiquette and I agree with those requests they have (makes reading the posts more enjoyable when spelling, grammar, and punctuation is correct--and sometimes, posting from work, my typos abound!)

To fit in here? Key element: Muppets. Stay true to their identity and their integrity (whether it's FR, TMS, SS, or whatever), and you stay true to the basis of what the fandom is about. The connection is in the work of Jim Henson, and with that connection NONE of us should ever feel left out or alone.

But, EL, you only have 51 posts since joining in February 2004--give yourself more time, post more, get to know folks and let them know you! You will never fit in unless you make yourself known and give people the chance to know you and like you! :smile:

Ernie101

Reaction score
I still don't fully feel welcome here, but it takes time. It's a big place and like Andy said, you'll find a group to fit in with. Fraggles are awesome, don't worry about what you like.. Be yourself and you will fit in fine.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Thanks Fozz. That's what I have been trying to do the whole time and things have worked out fine.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I know the feeling very well too, I have never fitted in really at school or anywhere, it was especially bad at school though, I had a horrible time, just because I'm a little different and dont have the same interests, same humour and look the same as everyone else I was always treated like I was a noone, wasnt worth talking to or anything, I was just the reject or the rubbish at school. That has stuck with my way of thinking about myself and I still arent too confident but since I've left school ive realised most other people are nice and friendly and arent horrible.

At the puppetry workshop I go to I feel I fit in well, I love everyone there, ive never been around so many great and creative people and I love it. I'm also doing an advanced course with computers and sometimes feel surprised that people actually talk to me and dont seem to think im that weird. Its great cos it makes me more confident and friendly when I've finally found some nice friendly normal people.

I always find forums are different, im more confident and I dont really mind if I fit in or not, noone knows what someone is really like until they meet them in person so they can't judge too much. I think most people in the muppet/puppet community are generally nice, friendly people anyway.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Amazing how a comment which had nothing to do with MC vs. TP got totally misrepresented and turned into the very subject the first reply wished to avoid. :rolleyes:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
Amazing how a comment which had nothing to do with MC vs. TP got totally misrepresented and turned into the very subject the first reply wished to avoid. :rolleyes:
Whats that supposed to mean. I dont get it :smile:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
It means that what I originally said had absolutely nothing to do with pitting MC vs. TP. Then the person who started this thread made a point to say "I don't want this to turn into an MC vs. TP thread" regardless of my statement's independence from that argument. That got picked up on and other people started talking about MC vs. TP as well.

Thus, the person who didn't want this thread to have anything to do with MC vs. TP was actually the person who started others talking about it. I was also commenting on the fact that my statements are as clear and concise as it gets (especially since I've actually lived them all), and still they seem to have been brushed over. Whatever though, no sweat off the back of me.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Lord almighty, I've been here since 2002, longer than most people around here and I already know I don't fit in. The only person I talk to on here is Beauregard. I don't have any friends here but I come in and post on stuff sometimes.

It's just a message board. It's not like we're all going to see each other at some point in time. Just come here, post, and don't worry about not fitting in. I certainly don't.

ryan