I won't grow up, I won't, I won't! - Peter Pan Appreciation

Beauregard

Reaction score
Everything Pan means a lot to me, from the play to the book, to the original Disney version, the live-action Peter Pan, Return to Neverland, Hook, and even Finding Neverland. There's a fantastic magic about Peter Pan, and the fantisy that you can escape to a world where you will never grow up.

I can't be the only one to love everything Peter Pan related...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I thought I was alone, Matt.
Seriously! XP

Totally have my appreciation.

From the original story book, Disney's Peterpan, to Steven's Hook...

I love Pan. <3

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
*blows some pixie dust in Claudia's face. Now you can fly. Just think beautiful thoughts with faith and trust* :big_grin:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
And pixie dust! ;P

YAY! The destruction of all things veggies...BWAHAHAHHA...

I mean....happy nice thoughts...XP

Beauregard

Reaction score
I realised yesterday that I haven't yet read the new book "Peter Pan in Scarlet" and so have ordered it.

One of the concepts in that book, that if you reply when someone asks what you want to be when you grow up, you will definatly grow up, is amazing.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Wow...D:...that's a deep concept.
I never heard of that book...I simply must check it out.

Well...physicaly we're bound to grow up...but atleast in our minds we don't. :3

Heck, my grumpy old man watches Tom and Jerry when no one's around...and Cartoonetwork. XP

Beauregard

Reaction score
Peter Pan in Scarlet was a huge deal when it was released, because it was released by Great Ormond Street Hospital as an official sequel.

Apparently there are some official prequels as well, such as "Peter and the Starcatchers" but I'd rather keep the magic of NOT knowing some things.

Someone once wrote an amzing Captain Hook prequel which I read some of, when he was a boy at Eton. I can't remember all of it though.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I've never read the books, sadly. But now I'm intrigued.

When I was a kid I had the movies Peter Pan and Hook, and they are in the top 10 of my favourite movies from my childhood. I also really like Finding Neverland, too. There's just something about the story that's a little bittersweet, but nostalgic and magical.