I won't grow up, I won't, I won't! - Peter Pan Appreciation

Beauregard

Reaction score
Bittersweet. Yes. Definatly that, because in staying within their imaginations they are iscolating themselves from the real world and have to leave friends and family behind. In fact, they begin to FORGET their friends and family and that is truely sad.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I still leave my window open :smile:. My body may age but not my soul :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
My mind might not age, but my fingernails will keep on growing.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I remember when I was little, I didn't have that fondness for Peter Pan until I got older. I have a little known fear of aging and the more I age, the more I begin to get frightful. So, you can imagine my dislike towards birthdays (mine).

Thankfully, the stories, movies, and plays soothe my worries alot. If there were any version of Peter Pan I could relate to with an impressive closeness, it would be Hook by Steven Spielburg.

Why? Well, Peter Pan finally grows up, as some of you know, and then must learn to believe in what he left behind. Like a return to Neverland sort of deal.

That's so me. XD

I'm not exactly the most imaginative soul...*Is a bit of a codfish* ;P

But even I love this stuff.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, my love for Peter Pan came about when I realised that if I grow up I'll become a Pirate. And then when I started sympathising with Hook I realised I must have grown up and have tried to return to being Peter ever since.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I thought I was alone in sympathizing the ever villainous Hook as a child, but the thought of being a pirate flattered me greatly! Your realization was exactly what my older brother told me the moment he saw me mellow down whenever Hook got bothered by Pan over at The Jolly Roger.

Victor: "Clouckia sister...Hook is bad! Very bad...you side with him?" (He could not pronounce my name--and was/is autistic)

Me: "Peter bothers him alot...he should be nicer..Hook can be nice too if he be nice back..."

Victor: "You're little like me...you suppose to like Pan!"

I understand precisley what you mean in trying to return to being that young boy who was limitless with imagination and adventure...

Me too.

That's why I write fanfics...:smile:

Stories are what bring your world to life.

Stories...help you weave something you'd never be able see in this lifetime....or maybe in any other lifetime!

Hmm...

I guess that's why imagination exists...:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Imagination is a huge part of my life. I find it a lot harder to use it here at home than I do at University, because I had greater freedom to act the way I wanted to there.

For example, me and my friends randomly went to the local park and played on the swings and slides and stuff for about an hour and just had crazy fun. Can't really do that here.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh, what I wouldn't do to play outside in a park again!
I'm rather locked in my house when not working/going to school because I'm prohibited from going outside to play or anything unless it's with family. Which explains my lack of friends.

I'm overly sheltered it would seem.
It's true.

Amazingly enough, even I find inspiration in the littlest of things.
When I draw, write, sing, or read in the little corner of my humble room, I feel my world change into a silly old ballroom...or a sunken ship with a valuable treasure map...and...it's really lovely!

I'm getting oddly even more sentimental about Pan right now.
Isn't that odd?

Over at the college, alot of my classmates are pretty serious, so I can't talk much or I'll get stares.

I one time discussed history with a good friend of mine (in which I lost) and asked,

"Wouldn't it be absolutley delightful if we were in the early 1700's? Just imagine it!"

*Gets a stare...lack of imagination in her eyes*

It seems the people I know lose their inner Pan each and every day.
Which is sad.

I'm awfully glad you haven't!
:big_grin:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I just realized there was a movie with a blonde Pan...
I just realized that blonde Pan ws a woman. ><