1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

idea's for 14 playsets

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Zack the Dog, Aug 18, 2002.

1. matleo

matleo Active Member

Ok I sat dowqn the other night and was tryign to come up with 70 figs (14 waves X 5 figures) for the series andin the process triedto figure out where to put 14 of those into sets here were my calls.

Labs w/ Beaker
    EM drums w/ Animal
    Kitchen w/ Chef
    Swinetrek and Piggy
    bus and Janice
    Koozebane and Kermit

OK we know those.... some hypotheses

Taxi w/ Beau
    Vet's Hospital w/ Rowlf as Dr. Bob
    Bear on Patrol w/ Patrol Bear
    MCC set w/ Kermit "Cratchit" and "tiny tim" Robin
    MFS set w/ Bobo/Rentro
    Backstage w/ Sam
    Hispaniola w/ Gonzo
    MTi Island w/ Spa'am or "Benjimina Gunn" Piggy

not quite the order I think they'll be in but I think it's the sets we're most likely to see.

--Matt

2. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

>>>Pigs in space w/First mate piggy <<<

I know this has probably been covered but will Dr. Strangepork be a figure by himself if piggy comes with the Swinetrek?

3. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

the stangepork will be carded in his own card just like ham hog link;-)

4. suggsy

suggsy New Member

I know that link and Strangepork will be in their PIS duds but at some point i'd like to see Link in that cheesy ascot or the track suit he wore in the Peter Sellers episode. I heard the Link was one of Jim's favorite voices to do and he would torture everyone in the house with it.

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

another idea for Link would be in the leather jacket and cap from the Macho Macho Man song--that'd be pretty sweet.

I love Link--he's another of the "retired" characters I miss. God's gift to women everywhere, and he knows it!

I think it's more likely that we'd get him in his Patrol Bear Policeman's Uniform before any of these other options, though.

Quinnnnn

6. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Vets Hospital with Tanning Janice
    Happiness Hotel with Pops
    Hot Air Balloon with Gonzo
    Double Deck Bus with Pops
    Swamp with Kermit (and Banjo)
    Studabaker with Fozzie
    Pete's Luncheonette with Rizzo Waitor
    Manhattan Melodies with Kermit & Piggy Wedding Figures
    Hispaniola with Statler & Waldorf
    Pig Island with Spa'am
    Cratchet House with one of the Cratchets
    Boarding House with Gonzo in Pajamas

Mother Always Told me, NEVER EAT SINGING FOOD
    -Rizzo "The Muppet Christmas Carol"

7. Cantus

Cantus New Member

Labs w/ Beaker
    EM drums w/ Animal
    Kitchen w/ Chef
    Swinetrek and Piggy
    bus and Janice
    Koozebane and Kermit

here are the newies...

Swiftwits (MT) with Snoogy Blyer or Carl the Big Mean Bunny
    Vet. Hospital w/ Dr. Bob
    Muppets Tonight stage w/Clifford
    Bear on Patrol w/ Chief Hogthrob (Patrol bear packed individually)
    Muppets Tonight Cafeteria /w Clueless Morgan
    Muppet Show Wing/backstage area w/ Beauregard
    Muppets Tonight Control Room w/ that Green dude (can't remember his name)
    Muppet Newsroom w/ Muppet Newsman

8. FER SURE

FER SURE Member

Extrapolating a playset from one of my favorite muppet lines ever... Beach House playset with Nudist Janice!

9. BigSPEEGS

BigSPEEGS New Member

You mean Sardi's? I ate there once, and they have a picture of 'producer' Kermit hanging up! :)

-SPEEGS

10. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

I'd like to pop out of slient lurking mode to second that opinion... the Backstage is really where everything important/interesting happened. The stage itself was always dressed up as something else.

- Derek

11. Gordon Universe

Gordon Universe New Member

Muppet Show: Back Stage (this is an eventual must, in my opinion)

Muppet Show: Dressing Room

Muppet Movie: Ghost town Street with Western Kermit and building that Animal's head pops out of (I want this so bad).

Muppet Movie: Fozzie's car - if after Electric Mayhem paint job version, could come with loose toothpaste billboard that they use to hide in front of. Maybe could be a double set, too, and come with Kermit's Bicycle.

The Great Muppet Caper: Happiness Hotel

Muppets Take Manhattan: Muppet Babies Nursery with figs

Muppets From Space: Spaceship/Music-Stage with one of the other Gonzos as figure.

12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I'd love to see all the sets from TMS, including the backstage, Vets, PIS, Patrol Bear, and all of those.

I think TMM swamp with a bike, Arnie Alligator, log, banjo, and maybe something mirrored under plastic swamp waters would look neat. Don't want Dom Deluise with it, tho.

Of COURSE Fozzie's Studebacher!! With suitcases?

Gonzo from TMM With Balloons would be good for a variant, though it's not necessarily a playset.

I don't forsee the fair as a good playset, but the Miss Piggy with Tiara and Cape would be good, tho (again) not a playset.

I don't think Happiness Hotel would be much more than a fun idea...it's so BIG it would cost hundreds; however, another car to play with is Beauregard's Cab! :) I can't think of a good playset from TGMC.

MTM would be a great idea for the cafe and tons of neat variant figures, but I don't see any ideas for realistic playsets here, either.

I guess I'm suddenly "TMS/figure biased" huh?

I'd love to see some of the MT characters made, and I am thinking that it's a fancy idea for the whole Muppet Boarding House, of course unpractical. Bobo would be a good variant here, and we can find toy dumptrucks for him to drive.

FOZ

(Oh, yeah...and beachhouse with Nudist Janice is a TERRIFIC IDEA!! I am lonely...)

13. Gordon Universe

Gordon Universe New Member

Happiness Hotel

You wouldn't have to make the WHOLE Happiness Hotel, just the lobby, could have stairs leading up to nowhere.

Wait, that wouldn't be much fun. Figures might look nice standing in it, though. You'd really need the lobby and at least the room that Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo check into, and those two rooms alone would make it too big, you're right... two playsets maybe? That wouldn't be overkill I don't think. "Happiness Hotel Lobby" and "Happiness Hotel Guestroom," that one would be really cool, because it could have the folding bed. And the Happiness Hotel bus would be cool. (I'm not saying all at the same time, either... I'm just saying they might be neat eventually).

I'm not a Happiness Hotel freak, I was just thinking of the possibilities of that particular place.

14. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Just playing here, but...

Happiness Hotel with a break-away wall for taxi cabs...and steering wheel souffle

15. Muppet Guy

Muppet Guy New Member

More...

I like...
    Swamp w/ Banjo Kermit
    Happiness Hotel w/ Pops
    and suggest...
    Restruant Lounge with (non-variant) Rowlf (ala The Muppet Movie)

16. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

well, the non-varient rowlf is already coming out seperately...I don't know WHAT figure could come with the lounge since Kermit's already out in his tux too....maybe miss piggy in her outfit from that scene, but that's a lot of piggy...hehe..howsabout "tied up kermit"

I would like to see the lounge, as that's one of my all time favorite scenes...

Also wouldn't mind an "Exterior Desert, Night" playset...

17. Lew Zealand

Lew Zealand New Member

Playsets

I forgot to check who thought of this playset but it would rock.

1) a Viking ship from TMS with Viking Pigs (what an awesome idea)

2) Beareguard and Taxi Cab (a great idea too)

3) Muppet Nursery with 1-2 babies (Scooter, Fozzie) and then the other ones could be paired together on card (Kermit, Piggy), (Rowlf, Gonzo) they could each come with a nursery accessory.

4) Newsroom with Newsman

5) Sam the Eagle and "US" stage

One question though... with movie playsets, Western Town, Muppet Treasure Island etc. Would Palisades be making all the 'main' cast in those costumes to go along with that playset, or are we only going to get Sam the Eagle from MTI and no one to stand along beside him?