In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

unclematt

Reaction score
I believe it was a tool shed but great idea. Even then I would like to see a cameo by Doc

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
DTWolf said:
This is the WEIRDEST thread.

I decided to review what's been added here since the last time I checked this thread (round about page 7). Yeep.

Anyway, an idea struck me that many of you will probably find too sad and/or heretical to even contemplate. Given Doc's age (assuming the character has aged along with the actor), could it be that what propels the Fraggle Five into outer space is that Doc has retired and moved away and someone else is either remodeling the house or (yikes) tearing it down? Maybe their mission/adventure would be to prevent the house from being torn down.
YES!!! that is a FANTASTIC idea!! Best one in the whole thread, and believe me, I know. I read all of Dil's posts :wink:

I may be a lowly n00b, but Fraggles are a big part of my history of the muppets themselves. I really want it to do good. I am skeptical as all get out, so judgement is held till the first pictures come out. If Jerry isn't doing Gobo's voice, then I'm not going. Simple as that. I dont care if you can do the best Gobo impression ever, if Jer isn't on board than I'm not coughing up ten bucks to see it. I will not hesitate to call it a piece of crap once I see it, but my faith in the muppets still holds on tight. It wavered for a bit during the Very Muppet Christmas Special, but I ultimately decided that it was ok (Muppet Wizard of Oz was saved only by Miss Piggy doing a hard rock song. I found that freaking hilarious).

ANYWAY, I've been thinking a lot about the ins and outs of the specific plot and what could be done in outer space. The possibilities are ENDLESS. But I am expecting the Fab Five to get seperated at least ONCE by the middle of the movie. And that's when you can expect the gut-wrenching Fraggle-style drama song that the show was so famous for (I'm talking about "Afraid of Fear", "Petals on the rose", and "once upon a time I knew my name"-type songs. You know the ones). Nice little punch to the gut. Oh, and I predict that Boober will have not one, but three full out panic attacks upon entering outer space.

Now, as for why they go, the best I could come up with is that Uncle Matt goes off into outer space again, and for a while the postcards come. Til one day, they stop. Now, remember in the show that Matt gave Gobo explicit instructions that should the postcards ever cease, he was to venture out and find him. Maybe they could have something like that happen? though I REALLY like the idea of something being wrong with the toolshed and it being in danger of destruction. That's an awesome idea.

Any thoughts? :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... As good of an initial thought of the Fraggle Five exiting the rock because Doc's workshop is either being remodeled or in danger of being destroyed...
Don't forget that Doc moved to Arizona to live next to Ned Shimmelfinny, and the Fraggles found a new tunnel that would take them to Doc's new apartment out in the desert. So that might put a crimp in that plan... Or not.

anytimepally

Reaction score
evilhopscotch said:
If Jerry isn't doing Gobo's voice, then I'm not going. Simple as that. I dont care if you can do the best Gobo impression ever, if Jer isn't on board than I'm not coughing up ten bucks to see it.
my thoughts exactly! :smirk:

dontbee

Reaction score
Wow!!! This week just couldn't get any better... First i discover this wonderful website, then I find out the Fraggles are coming to the big screen... Life is good!!!