In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

anytimepally

Reaction score
That reminds me... Does anyone else find it absolutely ludicrous that Doc would want to live next to boring ol' Shimmelfinny (who doesn't even have a face!) instead of the fun-loving Fraggles?

I haven't seen the episode, but still, the logic is lost on me.
As I learned from The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, you gotta know your friends.. and sure, Doc would've liked to have stayed around the Fraggles and get to know them better and whatnot, but he and Ned Shimmelfinny had been friends for years (despite all their arguments), so when it came down to it, Doc went to AZ to help out his buddy.. which is more than most friends would do .. I think it says a lot about Doc's character that he's willing to just pack up and move like that :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, he says seeing something so amazing as a Fraggle made him realize what was important in life. He had to support his friend. And in the end, he was rewarded for it of course, and got to stay with the Fraggles too.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Who was it that performed Robin in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie? He could do it, perhaps... that is, worst case scenario, if Jerry can't.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Really? He sounds so different... oh well, guess that's what happens. He's still Robin!

Also, I was reading this page of the thread, and realized that I started talking about who played Robin out of the blue right after I had asked about Doc and Mr. Shimmelfinny. I'm sorry. Forgive me.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Really? He sounds so different... oh well, guess that's what happens. He's still Robin!
He does sound a little different, but you have to keep in mind that Jerry was having health problems at the time, which is why he dubbed his voices rather than doing on-set work.. so maybe illness (particularly considering he has emphysema) made his voice sound different :smirk: .. but this was probably his last performance as Robin anyway since he retired from the Muppet Show muppets shortly thereafter

spcglider

Reaction score
Like many productions across the board these days, they may make use of ADR and have a different puppeteer under Gobo for Jerry's health's sake (not to stress him out). But if he can sit in a recording studio, he can always provide the voice.

This is NOT the best scenario, but it's one possible answer.

-Gordon

Luke

Reaction score
It's a shame theres no news on this or any kinda deal announced yet, but still plenty of time. I woudn't think they would even approach this unless they have the majority of the original Fraggle puppeteers involved or at least their interest in doing it very high.