In the box or out?

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I'm a real freak. I buy two of everything. I open one set carefully, put all the empty packaging in the attic (you know, for extra insulation) and keep one set sealed. My basement rec room is wall to wall pegboard cupboards (with sliding doors that trigger fluorescent lights when you open them). My wife likes it because all the toys are hidden behind the doors so the room looks fairly normal, until you throw open the doors, then it looks like a "toy store" (according to my wife). I have all the dupes of my Simpsons and Muppet Show figures in a glass display case (I lucked out and got a Playstation retail showcase from a store for free), and the loose toys are ready for my son to pull out whenever he feels like it. It was just too hard to explain to a little boy why all this cool stuff had to stay in the package (and I don't even really have an answer for that anyway), so it seemed like the only solution. :smile: I used to buy doubles of the Star Wars figures too, but it got too expensive with the amount of figs they churn out in a year, and my son could give a flip about Star Wars, so it was easy to put a stop to that end of my madness.

grail

Reaction score
i keep telling myself that i need to get second copies of the Muppet figs...but for the most part, i just don't have the money/space for 2 of everything i've got...i've never done an official count, but the guess it that i'm bordering 600 different figs.

that's not including Transformers.

i did used to keep the backboards, but there was a...um...problem with my box of backboards and a 2-liter of mountain dew...

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
I open the first set and then when I get the extra money and if I feel it's necessary I buy a second set. With the Muppets it is necessary. I did buy two sets of Star Wars for years but like many others, I stopped because there was just too much stuff. Now I only buy Star Wars to open.
-Artie

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
My rule for the muppets is all exclusives I'll keep in the packages. All the regulars I'll open (carefully) and keep all the packaging. I'm glad I opened the Muppet Labs box though. That beaker is just so awesome!

JF

Slim

Reaction score
Well, it's good to see that some of you guys keep the figures in the package! I mean, why would you want to destroy such an amazing thing? Or, maybe that's just me...being that my role here at Palisades is GRAPHIC DESIGN!!! Hehe. Honestly though...I think it's cool if you keep the figs packaged or just tear them right out. Our slogan is "Play With It". Just do me a favor...before butchering the boxes or blisters...take a min or two, sit back and admire....:big_grin: Peace.

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
The Muppets, I open (except exclusives - one to open, one to keep minty fresh). Simpsons - same deal. Star Wars - two of all original trilogy stuff - one in package for prequel. I have at least a thousand toys and it just keeps GROWING!

Jackie

Reaction score
I just love to admire my muppety figures. They stay perfectly in tact in those beautiful packages.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Slim
Just do me a favor...before butchering the boxes or blisters...take a min or two, sit back and admire....:big_grin: Peace.
That I do, Slim. When I buy a new Simpsons figure, I rip it out and admire the figure. When I buy a Muppet figure, I examine every portion of the card, noting the credits, reading the bio, admiring the graphics. It's a shame I have to ruin the packaging to get to the toy. Only after going over the packaging several times do I finally pull out the character himself. Then I curse for a half-hour while trying to undo those @#*%@# twist-ties.

Slim

Reaction score
Thank you guys! It's good to know people actually look at the packaging before tearing it to shreds. Haha. And....I understand what you mean about the twisty ties....they are a big pain in the arse!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey, Slim--

I've gotta say, although I do take my Muppet figs out of the package, yours are the ONLY cardbacks I've ever saved--and I collect Simpsons, Star Wars, JLA, Batman....yours are the best since the ORIGINAL Star Wars that had ALL of the figures pictured on the back. I loved those babies.

Keep up the outstanding work--glad Palisades includes credits on those bad boys.

Quinnnnnnn