influences

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I hope you aren't TOO influenced by those slasher films.
Moo hoo hoo ha ha ha. *rubs hands in a rolling manner* :eek:

No worries, I'm not to be found near any camps, nor am I happy with chainsaws, archery tools, knives or machette's.

We can all sleep better now (unless Kreuger comes to visit)!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Mine would be:

My family (including my wife and baby)
George Lucas (Original Trilogy stuff)
Jim Henson & Sesame Street & Muppets
Charles Schulz
Bill Watterson
Beethoven
Bono & U2
Peter Paul & Mary
Jesus Christ
Joseph Smith
Some of my Teachers--especially Elementary School and High School. What came in between and after that is still all a blur.

Not necessarily in that order.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

uncleduke

Reaction score
About a million years ago (actually more like 20) I had to write a paper about this very topic for a college Psych class.
Then I listed the three influences I chose were
  • Jim Henson / Ernie
  • Shel Silverstein
  • Foghorn Leghorn
I don't recon the list has changed too much, though I do dread the day my son finds my copy of "Uncle Shelby's A-B-Z's" I have stashed in my home office......

Frunobulax

Reaction score
Well, many of mine have already been said, but here it goes...

Musical influences:
Spike Jones
Allan Sherman
Stan Freberg
Tiny Tim
Frank Zappa
"Weird Al" Yankovic
And, Dr. Demento, for introducing them to me.

Film/TV:
Leslie Nielsen
Andy Kaufman
John Kricfalusi
Billy West
Seth MacFarlane
Norm MacDonald
Brian Regan
Lewis Black
and, of course, Jim Henson.

Art:
Charles Schultz
Andy Warhol

Misc:
The person who invented the YooHoo drink
Santa Claus

There's my list. I think I'll write 'em down to save, and maybe have it published.

beaker

Reaction score
Well there are my influences, and then there are people I look at as being people I truly respect, admire, and see as rare gems in this world. The people I look at as being one in a billion extrordinary visionaries would be:

Jim Henson
the current Dalai Lama
Martin Luther King Jr.
Robin Williams
Al Roker

These are people I look at and see have a vision and a heart above your normal celebrity. Along with a very nice smile.

Now as far as personal influences in my art...
the music and message of vnvnation, david bowie, the art of masamune shirow, the writings of William Gibson and Phillip K Dick, the films of Wochalski Brothers and David Fincher, Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, etc.

Above all I have to say my mom, who could not be more supportive of me and my passions in life.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Al Roker?
Oh absolutely. I remember when I first saw him on the Today Show, he was interviewing the Muppets. On www.roker.com he has a ton of pictures of him with the Muppets, and seems to have a strong repore with them(wish he had been in the movie) Overall I just get the sense he's a very special person beaming with goodness. I even emailed him one time, heh.
Then again it's 5:03 AM, and I once posted about starting a Ned Shimmelfinny fan club so who knows where my mind is wandering.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
my mom and dad are big ones that influence my life. my speech teacher, Mrs. McConnel influences my life, because what is life without speech! Jim Henson (of course) Weird Al (hey he's a great guy) and stephen speilberg (not for movies...for presenting Animaniacs) man i have some odd influences...hope i turn into a decent person...and even if i'm not decent i'll be happy!:wink:

Thijs

Reaction score
The Muppets
Monty Phyton
Youp van `t Hek
The Beatles
Bach
Tolkien