Interesting Gulf War News

Luke

Reaction score
Forget the war discussion - it's more fun to watch the moderators out-moderate each other. So far i've got Annika ahead on points for linking herb injestion to the bias in news articles (which worked well, but took some skill) - but Jamie is edging back with his use of the word 'Filibuster' !

:stick_out_tongue:

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by GPrime1
I agree, more words like 'filibusters!'
I think we have a few of those here on muppet central

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Jamie is edging back with his use of the word 'Filibuster' !
How about 'vigilance'? As in: the price of liberty is eternal vigilance. *sigh* Filibuster was better.

But I thought it was tag-team moderating, I didn't know we were competing. Jamie, was there a memo about this? I didn't get the memo. :zany:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I'm it.

Not gunna give me much to work with here, are you Jamie?

Okay, it... the It girl. Clara Bow. Silent movies. Flappers. Prohibition. Scott and Zelda. Which gets us to the Depression, which brings us around to WWII, which gets us back to war and (sort of?) connects this all together.

Maybe I should just give up and get some sleep.

Your turn, Frogboy.

byl

Reaction score
This 'war'

Originally posted by tomahawk
It's entirely possible that this is happening. and the thing is all of the news here, all they are showing is how great this all is. New U.S.A. tattoos are on the rise, all of the yellow ribbons etc. etc. Like you mentioned, all of the flags. Its very scary. It's almost lke there is never a dissenting side shown on network T.V. anymore. And people always complain about the media being so left and liberal.
I have to wonder what news channels you are watching. I have seen spots on community conflict over differing opinions about the war, peace watch events, demonstrations (peaceful and otherwise), and a number of personal opinion spots. My favorite is the 'AMERICAN FRIES' bit. Despite the differing opinions of the current governments involved, I have not forgotten the nationality of the beautiful lady in NY harbor. Nor have I forgotten what she means. I doubt if the French have forgotten all of the US lives lost freeing France from Nazi rule in WWII.

I am in favor of the war, and of the opinion that we should have started this roughly 10 years ago when the first UN inspectors were thrown out of Iraq the first time. I spent 23 years in uniform, and would have gone then if called. I do not hate. I wish war were never neccessary. I believe that hesitation in the face of the nessecity of war only makes things worse and more difficult.

Please feel free to disagree. I am, as are all those who have worn the uniform of the military forces of the United States of America, sworn to protect your right to speak freely and without fear any idea you might have. However silly.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Re: This 'war'

Originally posted by byl
Please feel free to disagree. I am, as are all those who have worn the uniform of the military forces of the United States of America, sworn to protect your right to speak freely and without fear any idea you might have. However silly.
Amen, sir, and thank you for your service.