Interesting thing about Muppet Central that can wreak havoc on people computers...

Luke

Reaction score
Ok Jamie, thanks i understand. I guess maybe someone will create a more error proof solution for detecting flash in the future.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The subject isn't dead - just have to find a better option. Issues seem to get magnified on the board and many of those who align themselves with an argument really aren't having the issues. It really is a rare problem, but we are always trying to improve the site. Fact is, there will always be a fringe group who will have issues with every site published on the web. We'd like to minimize that. It is certainly on the list, but that list contains hundreds of other things.

Movies205

Reaction score
My school allows internet browsing but you see they have slateaway or something so when you restart anything just added is deleted. So it doesn't matter if you install flash cuz you have to do it every time...

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Issues seem to get magnified on the board and many of those who align themselves with an argument really aren't having the issues.
I think people are just adding their views on the discussion - it might seem magnified because there are a lot of posts in the thread but it's not like anyone's saying it's a major problem. I think you've gottta remember it's more an 'Us' situation than a 'We' one - most of Muppet Central's content is written by users of the site, not just the 'staff', and they are the majority of people who use the site so as i'm sure is the case, their views and feedback are most important during the design process. I myself am very pro-flash and think you've done wonders with the site - it's a small download and enables a much more 'Muppety' surfing experience.

As you say, the main thing to deal with is the person actually having problems, and as a great designer i'm sure if in time you found a good overall solution that wasn't going to cause problems for everyone else you'd implement it. There doesn't seem to be a solution right now that wouldn't involve one of those pointless splash pages and it's not like there are lots of people having problems so it seems the best approach to take is the one you're already using.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I don't have issues with the menus or any of the technical stuff which means nothing to me anyway, but I do think it would be a real plus if the forum had a link to "new messages" on every page.

I know others have said it too, and although you (Jamie) say that it does, I'll be damne8 if I know what you mean. I just think it is a pain to constantly have to click back through two pages to get to the new stuff. Seems like it should be a simple thing to do, but then again, what do I know?

(Edited to say that I didn't mean that the new menus are "meaningless"... they are very nice. Rather, I was saying that once you computer people start talking about the technical stuff, my eyes glaze over.)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That option wasn't in the original design before we added the menu. To iterate what was mentioned in another thread - we are considering implementing that very option iin the new menu design that will be out later this year. It was something we initially wanted to add, but decided to save it for the upgrade a few months from now. You are right, it would help.

(Added the I to Implementing. Didn't type it for some reason)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
iterate mplementing .

aww great big words....and they aren't even spelled right! :big_grin: now i feel better....sorry to pick on you!

Sarah

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
aww great big words....and they aren't even spelled right! :big_grin: now i feel better....sorry to pick on you!

Sarah
Oh he spelled it right, but I think he meant "reiterate".

:stick_out_tongue:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i was looking at 'mplimenting' iterate is spelled right, though maybe not grammatically correct!!!!!

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Iterate is the correct word. I think that particular statement about the menu was only made once. Unless you have heard me makd that statement repeatedly - in that case it would be rather silly for you to ask the question. :big_grin: