Internet Doomsday...what?

Vincent L

Reaction score
Is it possible to have an iPad virus since the apps are all sandboxed?

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
If a hacker is persistent enough, they could possibly make a virus for the iPad. But for the moment, I think your safe.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm worried about my other computer, it's taking a long time..... what do I do? Should I be worried about that?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No, I think the site might be down right now.

The one with the .lu extension that is in english is working

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, this Internet Doomsday has finally become newsworthy, they're going to be talking about it on the local news later today.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Nice to know they care so much that they are alerting the general public so late XD

Really, I dont think much will come out of this...I should really check my grandmother's computer. Who knows what kind of viruses are being harbored on that thing :embarrassed:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Why are they telling us three days before?
Sarge, thanks for letting us know about it. I would have completely missed this otherwise....

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Hmmm... Why they telling three days before? Maybe they like to cause panic and fear, so it leads people to do irrational things when hurried into something to protect themselves without much thought. Just think, bogus freebie websites that probably popped up lately claiming to clean your system of this virus, when in fact, it infects it. Called Scareware.

I got nothing to worry about, knew about this months ago, when it first was talked about on the Internet(back when people thought you were crazy to mention something like this that they thought would supposedly never happen). No panic or fear here, just cool, calm, collect and let happen what happen, I'm prepared.

I refuse to become so dependent on technology that I can't live life without it.