Is anyone interested in a great books thread?

Whatever

Reaction score
I wish that our college library had more fun books to read and less research-type books. Although they have a good selection of Agatha Christie books, I've read and re-read every one they have. :sympathy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Really? You like A.C.?

I have read all of her books except or about 6. So, tht's pretty good. I can guess the murderer on occasion now though....

Why don't you order books from your library?

I order about 10 every other week (or do you have to pay to order?)

Yep, reading is the best thing in the world.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
I loved "Chocolate" also. I thought the book was better than the movie, except that in the movie you could actually see the chocolate!

And Johnny Depp! :big_grin: :wink:

Beebers

Reaction score
I've read all of Aggie's books many times over, still do even though I know the plots/endings. Dorothy Sayers, if you haven't read her, she wasn't nearly as prolific as Aggie (I don't know that anybody was), not that many books but anybody who likes A.C. likes Dorothy's stories, they're good. Especially on howling-cold winter nights with hot toddies, hot chocolate, hot anything. (We've been way below zero with sporadic power outages here for several days.)
The 1930s-40s detective genre I love, too, Raymond Chandler, Dashiell Hammett, etc., not everybody's cup of tea but good detective mysteries.
full of all sorts of hard-boiled denizens.

:cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Has anyone read Tom Clancy's (or rather his ghost writers') Net Force Expolers? They are my next favorite series. Thay are so cool, with such great characters. If you havn't read them, read them.

Beebers

Reaction score
I haven't but do know of them and would like to.

What is the true story with Clancy/ghostwriters?? Are all his books ghostwritten?

Whatever

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Really? You like A.C.?

I have read all of her books except or about 6. So, tht's pretty good. I can guess the murderer on occasion now though....

Why don't you order books from your library?

I order about 10 every other week (or do you have to pay to order?)

Yep, reading is the best thing in the world.
That's a good idea, about ordering books.
I love A. C. 's books, but I have read almost all of them and remember the endings. So I have to wait about a year after reading one before I can re-read it because my memory is too good (LOL).

Beebers

Reaction score
Also, for those reading in the Lovely Bones calibre/genre, Isabel Allende's books.
She's got an amazing personal history too. They're translated from Spanish usually but worth the little glitches.
The only one of hers not worth it, really, is Portraits In Sepia, oddly not near the quality of her other books, skippable.

I see that Beau, being Beau, is ignoring my Clancyquestion.

:grouchy:

Whatever

Reaction score
I really liked The House of Spirits, which I read in German.

Beebers

Reaction score
Yes, me too, I think it's the best-known and most-read of her books. Her short story collections are wonderful too.