Is It Possible To Date/Marry A Non Muppet Fan?

beaker

Reaction score
I really don't like using the word "ex'es" myself...heck I'm not even clear what is considered boyfriend-girlfriend/official relationship situations versus fling/dating/"seeing"/etc.

My current boyfriend is originally from Haiti and he's not a man of many words and I'm not so sure if he's familiar with the Muppets though on Facebook he liked my profile picture which is me in a Muppet t-shirt (you can clearly see Miss Piggy and Fozzie on my sleeves and Kermit on the front of the shirt).
Well the Muppets transcend national boundary, as evidenced in The World According to Sesame Street and When Muppets Dream of Peace documentary films. But wow, that's a trip...whered you guys meet?

Im thinking I'd probably have better luck finding someone overseas. Girls here have never really been into me non platonic wise

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really don't like using the word "ex'es" myself...heck I'm not even clear what is considered boyfriend-girlfriend/official relationship situations versus fling/dating/"seeing"/etc.
"They" always keep changing the rules on that stuff, which causes major confusion for a lot of people, including myself... like in the news, whenever "important" people like Kate Middleton or Kim Kardashian were getting married, the people in the news were like, "And this is where the bride will spend her final hours as a 'single lady'", and I'm thinking how can they be "single" when they have men in their lives? I mean, I can ask any person I know who's dating someone if they're single, and they'll tell me "Of course I'm not single"... so how is it someone is with someone else, tyet still single? It doesn't make sense. I was basically toaught that the statuses were these:

If there's absolutely no significant other in your life (no special friend, no fiance, no spouse, no cuddy, etc), you're "Single". Otherwise, if you ARE with someone, either dating/going out with/courting (all of which are the same thing, BTW), then you're "In a relationship". Then of course, if you or that person are going to be married, and it's made official, then you're "Engaged", then next thing you know, you're "Married". THAT'S what I was taught, so again, it mnakes no sense to me to say people like one of the Kardashian hoes or Madame getting away with wearing inappropriate clothing for a school fashion show are considered "single" when they're clearly "engaged"... I mean to say they're "single" is like basically not even acknowledging they're spoken for, and are basically up for grabs for any other Tom, Dick, or J. Edgar to take.

*Shrug*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If there's absolutely no significant other in your life (no special friend, no fiance, no spouse, no cuddy, etc), you're "Single". Otherwise, if you ARE with someone, either dating/going out with/courting (all of which are the same thing, BTW), then you're "In a relationship"
Yeah but on official applications, if you're not married, you do need to put down "Single." The law is not interested in your dating life, lol.

Pepe'sgal90

Reaction score
It is hard to find someone out there, believe me, my bf and I were hooked up from a friend and just hit it off 2 years and counting.....it was a coincidence that both of us like Muppets, but yet we both have differences in what we like. I think it is the fun of learning what the other person likes, because if both people liked the same things it would be boring. it is possible I think to date a non-Muppet fan as long as they are accepting of it and of course watching over and over repeats of Muppet shows with you :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
"They" always keep changing the rules on that stuff, which causes major confusion for a lot of people, including myself... like in the news, whenever "important" people like Kate Middleton or Kim Kardashian were getting married, the people in the news were like, "And this is where the bride will spend her final hours as a 'single lady'", and I'm thinking how can they be "single" when they have men in their lives? I mean, I can ask any person I know who's dating someone if they're single, and they'll tell me "Of course I'm not single"... so how is it someone is with someone else, tyet still single? It doesn't make sense. I was basically toaught that the statuses were these:

If there's absolutely no significant other in your life (no special friend, no fiance, no spouse, no cuddy, etc), you're "Single". Otherwise, if you ARE with someone, either dating/going out with/courting (all of which are the same thing, BTW), then you're "In a relationship". Then of course, if you or that person are going to be married, and it's made official, then you're "Engaged", then next thing you know, you're "Married". THAT'S what I was taught, so again, it mnakes no sense to me to say people like one of the Kardashian hoes or Madame getting away with wearing inappropriate clothing for a school fashion show are considered "single" when they're clearly "engaged"... I mean to say they're "single" is like basically not even acknowledging they're spoken for, and are basically up for grabs for any other Tom, Dick, or J. Edgar to take.

*Shrug*
Well in that case, I guess I've dated/had more relationships than I realized! (doesn't feel like such a loser, ha!)

beaker

Reaction score
At school last year
Aw cool, yeah that seems to be where a lot of people meet someone. Either that or through friends. When I was in college 1996-2002 I was so shy. I think if I was to go back to school I'd probably have a lot better luck meeting people on a similar wavelength...plus I look and dress younger than I used to back then

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely would not date or be with someone who didnt geek out and get thrilled at the sight of the muppets. screw that, ive waited way too long to end up with a non muppet fan