It Happened on Monday

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh... Might be. *Waits for ending to this Monday fic, even if it's already Tuesday.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Is it the same guy I know, cause that guy knows stuff. He knows the epicness of the Scoobius. and I think he might be a Control agent. At least I hope he's a Control agent...
When I saw the dialogue, "She's not coming, Fozzie." That was from The Muppets. Wow! That had been apart for six years? I knew their last television-movie special got them nowhere. So, Piggy went to Paris, France, Gonxo wanted to work at a plumbing business, Fozzie went to Reno of Nevada but he started to not like it and the worst part six years later, the Moopets make him worse. Dang! Scooter wanted to work for Google. Wow! And Kermnit who stayed at home in California. That's all the information I can give you. I still give credit to Jason Segel and Nick Stoller for like for going to how the gang was not together. But you Gina, you went deeper and nailed it. Now I knew why the gang broke up and the Muppeteers had less time with others. Whew! You did great! Like rually awesome!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Yo! So, I have some good news and I have some bad news. Whatcha want?

:concern: Good news!

:embarrassed: Bad news. That way the good news will make us happy.

Gonna go with the bear on this one. So here's the bad news - the promised next story of 6 Ball is not gonna happen. Next at least.

:batty: Awwww

I know, Countie, I know. You were so looking forward to that. However, the good news is that my brain has decided it was in a Monday mood, so as of this morning, there is another addition to our Monday series here. Yep, a sequel to this called We Bought It on Monday. Explores a bunch of stuff.

Anyway, sequel later, for now, here's our conclusion!

Back in the US, the newly reunited Muppets had been desperate in finding someone to replace Miss Piggy. Desperate enough to call on Miss Poogy, the Moopet who barred no resemblance to Piggy in any way, shape, form, looks, or personality. Fozzie, of course, had been immediately against the idea, but as far as Kermit was concerned, they had no choice.

They weren’t stupid – if this was going to work, they needed Piggy.

Or a reasonable facsimile.

Of course, finding a fake Piggy had been the least of their concerns – upon arriving at the studios, they realized they had a lot of work ahead of them if they were going to be putting on another show here. Working together had never truly been a problem for them and in a matter of hours, they had managed to get the old theater back to its old self.

The war may have been one on a few fronts, but the battle still needed to be fought. And for Kermit, that meant he needed to be at his trusty desk. A backstage podium really that just happened to big enough for he and Scooter to stand around and try to corral everyone on stage and off. The frog loved that desk and had really made it his own over the years – he could still see the coffee ring that marked where he always placed his coffee mug; Scooter had placed several different decal stickers on the surface, ranging from Star Trek to Star Wars to Dr. Who; Fozzie, who was always there to lend a joke, had done a few bad puns in sharpie.

Back in the days before high technology, like smartphones and tablets, the art of the passed note was alive and well in their Muppet theater. Kermit could see there were still two post-its on his desk – one was from Rowlf, asking which piece was better for an upcoming show, while the other one was obviously done by Gonzo, as Kermit could tell his handwriting.

Pig is in a snit. Man the lifeboats!

As much as he may have chuckled at that – it was probably a day in which Piggy, who was probably mad at him, had gotten to the theater first – the message no doubt helped to remind Kermit that they were missing one of their own. He didn’t know why he did it, but his hand seemed to move on its own accord to reach for the drawer that was attached.

He didn’t keep a ton of stuff in there – pens, paper, etc – but everyone knew that this was Kermit’s desk and therefore, no one ever bothered to look in the drawer; aside from pens and sticky notes, a letter had been folded and placed in the drawer, on top of a torn photograph. He didn’t need to read the letter, he had already done so, once, twice, several times really.

That was the last letter he had ever received from Piggy. It had been left, he had assumed, the day she left. While she had announced her leaving, she hadn’t told anyone when she’s be leaving or where she’d be going. Even Scooter, whom Kermit knew she loved like any mother would love a child, didn’t even know where she was, however even the frog knew that if the go-fer had known, he wouldn’t have told him.

That letter essentially ended any hopes of her coming back any time soon and he could tell when they had arrived in her office in Paris that she hadn’t expected them to be there. Ever. Moving the letter over slightly, Kermit got a glimpse of the torn wedding photo they had done for their third movie, The Muppets Take Manhattan. He really should’ve realized that Piggy would try to sneak a real priest in there and really, the argument that had come about that incident had probably been the start of the slow downward spiral they had.

One should never ask for an annulment from someone who wants to be married to you. And who happens to be a black belt in karate.

The compromise to the whole thing had been the house, which Piggy had given up to him in that last letter. It had been so business like, so very formal, which was so the opposite of who Piggy was. When Kermit knew he could no longer on hold on to the studios, he had brought the letter with him and put it in the drawer. If he was going to lose everything, he was going to let everything go.

He had been working on a song off a poem he had done during that time, back when he still felt the need and want to play. For some reason, one line of that poem came to mind just then, as he stood there looking at that torn picture of Piggy, happily smiling, happily married.

But I’m standing here instead,
Now there’re only pictures in my head.

A rather commotion on stage caught his attention and closed the drawer with finality; there really was no point in looking back in the past now. Making his way out onto the stage, Kermit could just barely see what was going on. A crowd had already gathered and judging from the looks of both Rowlf and Scooter, he wasn’t sure if he even wanted to know what was going on. Urging his way through, Kermit found himself stopped by a large pile of clothing, mostly, but other different knick-knacks; it took him a few moments to realize why these things were familiar.

They were Piggy’s.

He vaguely heard Miss Poogy state her plans for taking out the so called trash and burning it. Oh heck no! As producer, director, and unofficially ordained leader of the Muppets, Kermit would rather face financial bankruptcy crisis than to let this upstart of an interloper burn all of Piggy’s things. If anyone was going to be burning taking Piggy’s stuff out back and burning it, it would be him because he was the only one brave enough and stupid enough to face the wrath of Piggy, as well as the ghosts of her items.

And just when the frog had geared himself to state that, no, under no circumstances was she going to be burning anything in this theater, much less be putting her grabby hands on anything, then a voice rang out from the back.

“Hold it right there, sausage snout!”

The silhouette framed in the theater’s entrance was unmistakable; she always did know how to make an entrance.

“Piggy?”

She had come back; granted after taking out Miss Poogy, she had stated she had come back for the troops and not specifically for him, but the point remained. She had come back; she had returned back to him, to them and he would take what he could.

As happy as Kermit was, there was still the very important matter of fact to face. If this didn’t work, if they couldn’t raise the money, that was it. Everyone may have come back, but it would be for nothing if they lost out in the end.

And for Kermit, this was his last chance. He had let Piggy walk out of his life once and he hadn’t stopped her; if he let her leave again, he would never see her again and he wouldn’t be able to fix what he had helped to break.

Kermit was a determined frog and he was determined not to fail and he would do whatever it took not to. Everything counted on it working. He wasn’t about to lose everything for second time.

The End

And there you have it! The end of this, which of course leads in our Muppety group fighting the good fight with le telethon. Hey, Mr. DJ Moderator Guy, you can put this in the big book of fics! This is technically 2b, but it can be listed as numero tres!

And hey! *poke* take Schotsky's from the Mondays! Tis not a Monday fic. Is separate from everything. Oh! Nice adding me higher in the list. I approve this.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is telling you already, Shotsky's serves much better as first in your Monday series. Especially if you reference it here. And moreso since It Happened On Monday goes chronologically before Triple M, to get us to the movie, then to your first-posted fic. And if ju no like it, then tough. Ju lucky I no send the werechickens/chickatrices after ju for postponing Six Ball.
:wink: You think Amanda will be mad about that?
:smile: If she is, she'll have to take it up with Gina.
BTW: Is my speech understandable under this mask pumping oxygen into my system? Why am I even wearing this silly thing, cape and cowl are much more, breathable.
BTW2: Would you have a helpful descript of Bloody Mary from LDD S17? Drop me a message about it if you can.
*Flies off in bat-goblin glider.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Is telling you already, Shotsky's serves much better as first in your Monday series. Especially if you reference it here. And moreso since It Happened On Monday goes chronologically before Triple M, to get us to the movie, then to your first-posted fic. And if ju no like it, then tough. Ju lucky I no send the werechickens/chickatrices after ju for postponing Six Ball.
You...

:mad: The guy's got moxy.

I know! I like moxy! But I think he goes to fars :stick_out_tongue: And don't you dare put this as first! This is third! Or...I will concede that this, in the timeline is chronologically before the first two Mondays and this one I'm working on will be the fourth, though it is a sequel to this. Maybe you need to put Interlude in front of these. I will be happy with that.

But not Schotsky's! Schotsky's is not a Monday fic! You keep this up and...and...I won't do 6 Ball!

:smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::wink::sympathy::shifty: *le gasp*

Yeah! I'll go through every other single idea first before I do 6 Ball, just to spite you! Yeah! That'll teach you!

:wink: Um...Gina, I don't...don't think...

What?

:wink: I'm just...you know, I'm just saying that like maybe you should consider...

No! I brought Amanda into this world and I will take her out! I'm a woman on the edge!

:concern: What is wrong with you!?

I'm a woman on the EDDDGGGGEEEE!

BTW: Is my speech understandable under this mask pumping oxygen into my system? Why am I even wearing this silly thing, cape and cowl are much more, breathable.
Um...that would be a 10-4, though I am also wondering why you're wearing that. Cause I immediately picture Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors getting high off a gas mask and singing about being a dentist.

Count...are you singing about being a dentist?

BTW2: Would you have a helpful descript of Bloody Mary from LDD S17? Drop me a message about it if you can.
*Flies off in bat-goblin glider.
So I had no idea what you were talking about and then I Googled it and went, "ooooh! I vaguely remember those." Sadly, I do not. I think I only saw the Bloody Mary once and I'm pretty sure I saw it in Spencer's, so you could do a check there, but I've found their website to be as helpful as bringing a spoon to a rib festival.

I have no idea where that saying came from, but I'm going to copyright it as such.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean the whole weird mask sounding during speechifying reference to Bane from TDKR didn't come across? Not surprised, since half his dialogue with it on wasn't clear to me either. Can't they give him a mask like Cobra Commander's that allows whatever the dude says to be understandable? Pffeh.

Yeah, going to online sources with blind batty eyes is what's gotten me in a funk. Reason I asked is cause I've got Bloody Mary as an addition to my haunter roster project, currently working on her write-up since I can't draw anymore because of those same blind batty eyes, and I'm wanting to get wardrobe specifics to either use that or go off on my own inspirations. Meh, I'll hold out till tomorrow and ask my mom in the afternoon when she gets back from her job.

As for the fics, just you wait till tomorrow morning as I've got a batch of stories other folks have finished and were waiting to be added. *Maniacal laughter.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
You mean the whole weird mask sounding during speechifying reference to Bane from TDKR didn't come across? Not surprised, since half his dialogue with it on wasn't clear to me either. Can't they give him a mask like Cobra Commander's that allows whatever the dude says to be understandable? Pffeh.
Yeah. My friend and I decided that not only did that voice bug us but it sounds like Sir Ian McClellan reading a bedtime story. Well, I said the Hobbit, but seriously - tell me it doesn't. Drove us nuts the whole movie.

Yeah, going to online sources with blind batty eyes is what's gotten me in a funk. Reason I asked is cause I've got Bloody Mary as an addition to my haunter roster project, currently working on her write-up since I can't draw anymore because of those same blind batty eyes, and I'm wanting to get wardrobe specifics to either use that or go off on my own inspirations.
Oh. Yeah, not much help there. Though I am relieved you aren't a dentist.

As for the fics, just you wait till tomorrow morning as I've got a batch of stories other folks have finished and were waiting to be added. *Maniacal laughter.
That...sounds ominous...:eek:

Misskermie

Reaction score
That was awesome, and it was awesome. And it was also awesome.