It has begun, my friends...

superfan

Reaction score
Oh, dear. I saw this morning the first CHRISTMAS COMMERCIAL! :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wait until it starts snowing, at least! Wait until DECEMBER!! Come on!!!

This one (for us Canadians) was Home Hardware advertising these new fangled Christmas lights.

And of course there's been Christmas merchandise slowly taking over stores...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yup, I've seen christmas stuff since early October, I think.

Haven't seen a commercial yet though.
[sarcasm] I can't wait for those really good Canadian Tire commercials with the christmas lights and the snowmobiles. [/sarcasm]

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I take it you Canadians aren't too big on Christmas?

BEAR

Reaction score
To me, any time after Halloween ends is fair game. That is why I like it when Halloween comes because as soon as the day is over, the greatest time of the year begins. I just love the holiday season. And Thanksgiving and Christmas have always been cousins to me. They go together. I dunno about playing Christmas music but I rather enjoy seeing all the new Christmas/holiday commercials, especially the classic ones like the Coca-Cola polar bears.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I take it you Canadians aren't too big on Christmas?
No, don't they celebrate that other holiday where you pass colored pebbles around?:wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Eh eh pass it on!

Ooooh! I'm so excited for Christmas!!! I love the holidays, the weather, the atmosphere, the presents! And this Christmas is going to be tres fabulous, new Muppet DVD's, and Kingdom Hearts II!!! I'm so pumped!

Ah, it's times like this where you can really feel the peace of the holiday season...:wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Naw, we don't have time for christmas, we're too busy sculpting our igloos.

No, I love christmas. I'm just not big on the Canadian Tire couple. Gah, get new actors already.

And again with the 'everything I say comes back to me being canadian' thing! :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cuz we love Canadians MrsP, and you're Canadian, so we love you!

Oh, and MrsP, that post of mine, although directed to both of you, was actually directed more toward superfan.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yay!!

And just to make a point: Canada has way less people, but tons more land mass. So...

I forgot what point I was making.

I think it was something about how Canadians are all different too, especially cause our country is massive.

But my brain froze while I was out building my igloo.

So I can't be too sure.

WAGON.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ah, yes, Christmas time. A lovely time of carol after carol after carol after carol after carol after carol after carol on the radio. Who's Carol? :wink: Yes, a good time. A little drawn out sometimes? Yes. Almost completely commercialized? Well, what isn't. But a fun time. I like Christmas. The tree in the corner of the family room, the incredibly annoying and yet wonderful jingle bells we hang on the front door every year, the strange but tasteful combination of Christmas and Hannukah decorations my mom somehow pulls off every year... <sigh> and a thousand or so traditions I'll be missing for the first time in my life. I haven't actually checked dates yet, but I'm pretty sure I won't be with my family for Christmas this year. Instead, I'll be in Philedalphia with a few thousand or so of my fellow Jewish teenagers, being... um... a Jewish teenager. ...You know, come to think of it... I'd think my mom would have said something by now if I was missing Christmas... maybe I should check dates...

...Dear goodness, I've muffined myself again. Oy!