1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

It's Official: Fraggle Rock Season 1 Box Set

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by TARDIS60, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Remember a couple of years ago, when even a little 3 episode disk seemed like the impossible dream? When we were all eagerly siging BlueFrackle's petition, hoping to see a couple of episodes on disk, but deep down feeling it couldn't be done?

Hit picked up distribution, unexpectedly. Then "Where it al Began" was released to Wal*mart as a test disk. We all felt like it was a crazy dream. It wasn't too long before the special edition and "Dance your cares away" were released. We kept hitting Hit hard with constant e-mails about season sets...

Now, my dear muppet fans, we are finally in the golden zone, where dreams come true. We finally get to reap the benifits of years of hard fan pestering work, and DVD box sets are not just a possibility, but a reality!

We have come so far since 2002, haven't we? :excited: :smirk:
  2. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

We have come really far i never thought we'd get all this also, especially in just 1year.
  3. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

OMG! I don't know how I've missed this thread the past couple of days (although I guess I've been a tad pre-occupied....). I'm so EXCITED! Box sets will be totally awesome! It's about time! I can't wait to get my Live By the Rule of the Rock tomorrow so I can see the insert live and in person! Whoopie! :excited:
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Yay! Now I can tell all my friends that they ARE coming out! Everbody's been asking me! Yaaahoooo! :) oh i love how the older stuff come out first...but that's just the order of it all duh Zach! Just think of when TMS season sets come out, series one with all those older clips and older characters on DVD, that's so cool!
  5. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty New Member

*pumps fist into the air*

WHOOOOPIE!!!! ^____________^
  6. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Huzzah! Much rejoicing!
  7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

This is wonderful news. I can not wait to buy it.
  8. Xela

Xela New Member

I wish it was fall already. :sympathy:

But I am still very excited! I can't wait! :excited:
  9. Gobo Fraggle

Gobo Fraggle New Member

I'm sure there is nobody who does not fall into cheers about season 1 set being released in fall this year!

It was just a matter of time for HIT to step to this next level.

Getting the news these days gives me the hope of a season 2 set being released somewhat in early 2006, season 3 in fall. What do you think?

I hope they develop a continous design for all of the sets, because i like some accuracy in my dvd-shelf ;-).
  10. Vibs

Vibs New Member

Well, I already knew that actually but still it's WONDERFUUUUL!!!!!!!! :):):)

I just hope that I can get my hands on it somehow...
    (I'm from Denmark... hm...)
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wonder what the special features are.... I really enjoy the single disk extras, especially the animated series. it's fun to watch as an extra, that is, but I wouldn't buy Animated Fraggle Rock seperately.
  12. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I've been away for a week and then something like this has happend :excited:

and Vibs you can get them. You can use www.axelmusic.dk to import the fraggle DVD's from the US. The prices on the site includes everything and theres no risk of running into a extra costs since they ship from Canada to Germany and it gets repacked in Germany and then shiped to you in Denmark that way the high danish tax rate on DVD's is avoided.
  13. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I have some more good news, the release time-frame has been narrowed from a vague season (fall 2005) to an exact month (September 2005). HIT is now stating officially that the box set is due for release this September - just a little over four months away. They don't know the exact date yet, but it will be in September (as all DVDs are released on a Tuesday in the US it will be either 9/6/05, 9/13/05, 9/20/05, or 9/27/05). The exact date will be released soon.

:excited:
  14. EleganceLiberty

So does that mean the 'Doozer' DVD is getting the axe? >.>
  15. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

No, HIT is planning to release both. They hope to continue the single-disc 3-episode DVD releases for the casual/younger fans, and also produce the box sets for the hard-core fans/collectors. They will be releasing both products, and hope to continue producing more single-disc and box set releases in the future (as long as they sell well). They feel that the single-disc and box sets reach out to diffrent type of fans and markets.

The "Doozer" DVD is still coming too and so is Season 1. And they hope to continue making more of each type of product.
  16. EleganceLiberty

Aww, sweet. =]

Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate it! ^_^
  17. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hey Gelfling,

Saw the episode listing on your site...wasn't "New Trash Heap in Town" the last episode of season one?

I hope they do them in order :o
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I'm in love with Greg's contacts---whoever they are! Great news to hear!

Don't forget us when you hear what the extras on the Season DVD's are!
  19. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

So now we've got Fraggle Season 1, Fraggle single-discs, Muppet Show Season 1, out-of-print Muppet Show single-discs, and more SS DVDs than one could possibly count. So- what should we ask for next? We've gotten our way so far...

I suggest special editions of the Columbia movies, widescreen special editions of the Disney movies, SS Season 1 and Muppets Tonight! Season 1.
  20. Telekinesis

Telekinesis New Member

Great news! It's nice to finally have an official word on it. =)