1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

It's Official: Fraggle Rock Season 1 Box Set

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by TARDIS60, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Muppets Tonight only lasted one season, didn't it? I have them all on video.

I think SS Season 1 would be cool on DVD, but 35 years' worth? oof.
  2. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

MT! lasted for two seasons before getting the axe. ( :eek: ) The second season was carried over to the Disney Channel.
  3. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

There were two (2) seasons of Muppets Tonight produced. During the two seasons there were 22 total episodes made (that is equal to the size of just one of the Muppet Show's seasons). It would be cool if Disney release a box set of "Muppets Tonight - The Complete Series" after they finish all five Muppet Show - the complete season box sets.

If you want to talk more about your DVD wishes check out this post: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=18261
  4. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Fraggle Rock - Season 1 Release Month Named even as HIT! Shareholders approve buyout offer
    Posted by David Lambert
    5/02/2005

Just over a week ago we showed you proof that HIT! Entertainment is indeed bringing out season sets of the Fraggle Rock series in the Fall. Now the folks at "The GelflingWaldo Files" bLog site are reporting that September is the month in question, and names the episodes that you'll find on this set:

1. Beginnings
    2. Wembley and the Gorgs
    3. Let the Water Run
    4. You Can't Do That Without a Hat
    5. The 30 Minute Work Week
    6. The Preachification of Convincing John
    7. I Want To Be You
    8. The Terrible Tunnel
    9. The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles
    10. Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk
    11. Catch the Tail by the Tiger
    12. The Finger of Light
    13. We Love You Wembley
    14. The Challenge
    15. I Don't Care
    16. Capture the Moon
    17. Marooned
    18. The Minstrels
    19. The Great Radish Famine
    20. The Garden Plot
    21. New Trash Heap in Town
    22. Gobo's Discovery
    23. Mokey's Funeral
    24. The Beast of Bluerock

Info about extras wasn't available yet, nor a specific release date. Stay tuned for information about that, and keep tuned in after that to be sure that changes don't occur as a result of HIT! Entertainment's pending change of ownership. Last time we mentioned that, we told you that Lions Gate Entertainment and Classic Media were among the bidders. Classic Media has now pulled out of the horserace, and another suitor, Apax Partners, has put forth a bid that HIT!'s shareholders have found acceptable. Lions Gate has a limited amount of time to tender a counter-bid, and if they don't do it or fail to make an offer that's preferable to Apax's, then - according to a Video Business report in the new issue - the Apax deal would be finalized around the end of this month. We will have to wait to see if any of that makes a difference to Fraggle Rock or any other of HIT's releases planned for later this year. Our thanks to reader George Oscar for his tip-off about the bLog listing.
  5. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Glad to see that the information I dig up is getting out there on the big name sites (even if they are 4 days behind - just kidding). ;) I'm still working to get you all the full details of the set. I've been told an official announcement with a lot more details should be out "soon".
  6. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i didn't even see that hahahahhahahahahhahahah
  7. Animal

Animal New Member

Oh boy.....this is absolutely FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

Both The Muppet Show & Fraggle Rock season 1 box-sets this fall!!!
    It´s GREAT to be a Muppet fan indeed! :)

-Hans :halo:
  8. Gobo Fraggle

Gobo Fraggle New Member

So, what do you guess the price for the 1st-season set will be?
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

HIT has not released or even hinted at a retail price yet, but based on the price of other similar box sets of equal size it would probally be between $20-$40.
  10. Magellan

Magellan Member

oh snap, i'm so excited about this, good stuff, and in time to be a christmas present, yayness
  11. chestermcdragon

chestermcdragon New Member

that cheap?
  12. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty New Member

Wow. Compared to the price of box sets these days, that's pretty inexpensive. I could easily get 2 dvds for that price. D=
  13. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

If I'm not mistaken Fraggle S1 was 24 episodes. With bonus features that could be 3 discs and if the packaging was slimpaks it would be around $30.
  14. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I miss my Fraggle Rock, and I'll be happy to buy my copy when I can get the money :)
  15. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

Cool, I'm going to be Happy to see "Marooned" on DVD!!
  16. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

17. Emosewa

Emosewa New Member

I really hope they put out all of them. Maybe if they do they'll put their super secret special ending in the last box set. ^_^
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

It says September 6. Is that right?
  19. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Finally some really good muppet dvd sets! Fraggle Rock and the Muppet Show each comingo ut around the same time. Now we just need Sesame Street, though those seasons are far too big to even consider.
  20. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

That is unsure. I've contacted HIT about this several times. And HIT has yet to comment on the exact release date; all they are saying is "September 2005". Not to put Amazon down or anything, but they have been wrong before in stating release dates for pre-released items (especially when an item's exact date is not released so they end up guessing). Until HIT officially states the date I would not consider this one the definitive date. It is possible - just not official...yet.