It's Official: Series 9 & 10 Announced!

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
If not for MTI, maybe they could designate Clueless for MT?? I really liked the Polly and Clueless segments on MT.
I really want to see some pirates for the MTI theme. I think it's a little bare without them. Polly is a start but I would like to see Clueless with a 'Dead Pete' pack-in (he was the skeleton wearing a pirate hat). Also maybe a Blind Pew figure with some gunpowder barrels, gun and black spot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
If not for MTI, maybe they could designate Clueless for MT?? I really liked the Polly and Clueless segments on MT.

I didn't like Bill the Bubble Guy or the Dummy guys--or the fish who tried to take over. Just don't make those.

But people remember Clueless more from MTI... besides, Ghost of Xmas Present shouldn't be the only exclusively theatrical chatacter in the line... maybe have an MTI PVC set at least!

But other than the dissappointing MTI figure (It would have to wow me) I feel that the others are just absolutely great! Esp. 10!!!

I hope Foz comes with Chuckie... and he has a mouth sculpted closes head for a change....

King Prawn

Reaction score
Like most Series 10 has to be the one that i'm most excited over for, even more than S5... I think.

Anyway I just have to hand it to Palisades, despite what some people might say about Variant's I have to say, there not pushing the variants out at us and keeping us hoping that we might get an obscure character in atleast two of the series' next year.

About Gonzo being the MTI character, I think that is one of the only decisions they could have gone for, about S9 would be the perfect time to release a new MTI variant, it couldn't be Fozzie since he's in the same series, Piggy would be coming the series after, Sam would have already been out and besides he'd appear in S8 and Kermit would have recently made an appearance in S& as Captain Smollet from MTI, so logically the best choice would be Rizzo and this time around instead of packing him seperatley he's been packed with Gonzo. Now you could argue with having Clueless or one of the pirates show up in the MTI S9 spot but with a line up consisting of Pop's, Lip's & Tuxedo Fozzie ypu would need another strong character.

I also want to say how happy i'm with these variants, I mean I knew we'd see quite a few varaints in 2004 but i'd never expect a Series to consist of variation of Scooter & Sam to hold it strong, although some could argue that Sam is not a variant since he's being released "naked" but you know what I mean.

And besides all that, although I wouldn't object to this at all, we still have yet to have gotten a non specific movie or Muppet Show variant in the regular line.

Anyway my point is we're getting (counting Pack-in) 14 new character and 8 variants plus Regular Roiwlf & Nurse Janice. So all in all I think that the way they're handeling variant's is great. I fyou think about it this way, the only variant we're getting in S7 is Kermit but consider it as being Polly with a pack-in Captain smollet and even up to Series 7 we're still get line ups with no variant's.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, what'cha mean by no variants in the lineups until after S7? If you mean no other variants designated as PAL, then yeah the first one's S9 Tux Fozzie. But if you mean other designation specifics, the first one(s) were S2 Daredevil and Crash Helmet Gonzo.

BTW: You guys have to remember that none of the info for S9 and S10 has been locked down yet. The possibility of a new TV movie could bump some of these out, like the MTI Gonzo and Rizzo 2-Pack or Super Beaker, or even Pops or Lips or Uncle Deadly. I'm just saying that we should keep our guard up until the 101st American International Toy Fair convention in February next year, when we might have some more solid confirmation on these lineups. Till then, I'm hoping for the best of both worlds like you guys are too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
You guys have to remember that none of the info for S9 and S10 has been locked down yet. The possibility of a new TV movie could bump some of these out, like the MTI Gonzo and Rizzo 2-Pack or Super Beaker, or even Pops or Lips or Uncle Deadly. I'm just saying that we should keep our guard up until the 101st American International Toy Fair convention in February next year, when we might have some more solid confirmation on these lineups. Till then, I'm hoping for the best of both worlds like you guys are too.
I'd have to disagree about the movie...

you see, I don't think it will be ready by next year even if it does exist, and even still a new movie figure would have the same chance of being bumped as a series 4 (or 5) character with a Moulin Scrooge Piggy, A Grinch Fozzie, or a Cage Dance Scooter figure. And seeing as how it may just be a rumor, I'd think that's not the reason why anything would change...

If the Java Puppets need to be cut from Sal in favor of keeping the Penguin, could it be possible to go to Dr. Bob?

If there are anyother pack in ideas, how about Baskerville for Dr. B?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, whether or not the TV movie gets made is still up in the air as of fright now, which is why should the TV movie get made and figures from that movie be planned bump out figures from S9 and/or S10 still remains to be seen, which is why I'm saying that we should take these lineups with "wait and see" attitudes instead of taking them at face value and investing all our stock on that these will indeed be the final S9 and S10 lineups. But as to whether or not figures from the TV movie bump out figures from S9 and/or S10, Ken himself said that such would be the case so I'm just adding what we know from the source himself.
And besides, any other plans could bump out figures from these proposed S9 and/or S10 lineups, like Patrol Bear Fozzie did to Beauregard.
Hope this helps settle my points and have a good day.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Count said:
Uh, what'cha mean by no variants in the lineups until after S7? If you mean no other variants designated as PAL, then yeah the first one's S9 Tux Fozzie. But if you mean other designation specifics, the first one(s) were S2 Daredevil and Crash Helmet Gonzo.
Crash Gonzo was a store exclusive, not a figure available in the regular carded lineup. That's what he meant.

Dr. Tooth said:
If the Java Puppets need to be cut from Sal in favor of keeping the Penguin, could it be possible to go to Dr. Bob?
Where do these rumors get started? There is no plan to scrap either, but if there was a decision they'd pick the penguin. :zany:

Luke

Reaction score
No, Wizard Of Oz figures would probably start at S10, not S9. I'm pretty sure Henson would want the movie to have been screened before or at the same time we see any merchandise otherwise the look of the characters will have been given away. Earliest date for that movie to air would have to be Thanksgiving given the VMC shooting schedule.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Luke said:
The Vacation and Scout figures are (IMO) VERY true to the universe of the characters.
Well, granted, it's not as outrageous as the examples I mentioned. Still, I think there's so much more interesting enough that can be produced that would thrill the Muppet fan and still be eye-catching to the casual buyer off the street.

Luke said:
I doubt most casual fans could even remember some of the show specific stuff and a lot of it isn't strong enough to make as an action figure.
Casual fans wouldn't remember Kermit with his banjo? Or Piggy on her motorcycle? I think Robotbuster Bunsen is far more obscure than that.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, Luke. All I'm saying is, with all the cool merchandise and DVDs out there right now (not just Muppet-related), I'm bound to put my money elsewhere, at least when it comes to these figures. Overall, though, the line has been fantastic.

But we'll have to make sure you behave yourself if they ever come out with that blond penguin... :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What are your suggestions for variants? You have to exclude Miss Piggy because she has proven to be a tough sell. I guess we'll have to wait for Swinetrek, but I don't blame retailers for being shy about her. There is a pvc coming with banjo Kermit. There is also the Jim figure (you have to give them major cred for that) but you're right, I'd like to see a Kermit reissued with a banjo at some time. There are still some naked Kermits around stores so they should wait until 2005 for that.

You must remember that this line isn't geared to only one individual. There's something for every Muppet fan. Balance.