Jim Henson and Muppets on 2005 US postage stamps

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
No problem. By the way, where did you get the neat animated avitar? Way cool!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I just got three sets at the post office. They're great! I didn't know they would have sayings on the back of each stamp. I'm going to keep one set for now and not use it--it fits perfectly into the new "It's Not Easy Being Green" book.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Lynnette

Reaction score
Got my stamps yesterday - four sets. The clerk had no idea what I was talking about, stepped to a counter behind her, and seemed surprised when she found them. I had asked for four sets and she brought over all she had. Magically, as if by fate :wink: she had exactly four sets.

No word on the availability of the rest of the items that are supposed to be available. I plan a trip to our local Philatelic Center to see if I can get the scoop on that news.

In case you don't know, you have 30 days from date of issue to send your own stamp on an envelope to North Hollywood for a first day of issue cancellation if you want. I'm not normally a stamp collector so I don't know if one way is more collectible than another. But it is one way to get the stamp of your choosing cancelled.

-Lynnette

Camellia

Reaction score
thanks!

hi Phillip and Cindy,

Thanks for the forum and the post about the stamps. We just got them. They are great. For those of you whose local post offices don't have them, they can be mail ordered from the United States Postal Service web site. http://www.usps.gov

There are also other items: a stationary kit, and some first issue stamps, etc.

enjoy! :smile:

Camellia

Reaction score
stamps at www.usps.gov

Muppetsdownunder said:
I really want these stamps and have since I heard about them but dont know how I'm going to get them. Does anyone know if they are available online or on ebay somewhere? hopefully they soon will be, I know some US stamps are sold on ebay here in Australia sometimes.

hi Paul,

http://www.usps.gov

You can mail order the stamps at the US Postal Service Website. They accept credit cards. Good luck!

Camellia

Reaction score
stamps issued by US Postal Service

unilbokinla said:
im in australia and a huge fan of the muppets.
i was wondering if anybody knew if the stamps would be comming out down here? :zany: thanks

hi, these particular stamps are issued by the United States Postal Service.

There was another Jim Henson stamp issued a few years ago, but I can't recall the country. anyone know? :smile:

You can buy them online at www.usps.gov. They do mail order with credit card payment.

good luck!
enjoy!! :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I received these stamps today from my puppetry teacher as he was in the US when they were released and said he would send some which was nice of him.
Thanks to everyone for their help on how to order them.

AAO

Reaction score
Well I've got the "Mailing the Muppets" set! It's got postcards with the Muppets on it, stamps, and so much more! You can even order a special framed version of the stamps. Just go to your local post office and ask about the "Mailing the Muppets" package - it's like 16.95 (I think?) anyway, really everyone should go out and buy like 2 sets! One set for actually using and the other for keeps! I've bought 4 sets of Muppet stamps - only 2 sets I'm actually going to use. LOL! But just letting everyone know!