Jim Henson and Muppets on 2005 US postage stamps

WeebleSue

Reaction score
Okay, it's 9/28 - where are the stamps???

:confused: Okay, now, it is 9/28 and the stamps are still not available on usps.com. What gives???? i have written them asking when they are going to be available.

WeebleSue :smile:

AAO

Reaction score
Well...I've got my stamps! YAY!!! They're sooo cool. It's very resourcful to have a parent who is a post master! LOL! Hope u guys get your's soon... They're a great collector's item...

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
I can't wait to get them. I won't mail any of them though of course. Ihttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/MuppetfraggleEX/web3437.jpgt will make a great addition to my collection.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

I just got back from my post office and the lady told me it sayed right on her papper there due OUT tommarow (9/29/05) she even show me b/c I sayed "arnt they due today, I thought". shes sayed No 2mmarow! Grrr!!! oh well at least I'll get em! :smile:

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will be there first thing in the morning. I don't want to miss out. Just one more day!

DTWolf

Reaction score
I just got back from buying stamps for myself. I had to go to four different Post Office branches to get them, though! They "weren't in yet."

I went to one yesterday (since usps.com said the stamps were supposed to be released on the 28th) but was told they had the stamps but couldn't sell them here until the 29th--I got the impression the 28th release was only in one place, while everywhere else had to wait until today. I went back to that branch this morning, but still couldn't buy the stamps--they were in the safe, and the manager hadn't come in yet, so they couldn't open the safe. Sheesh.

Anyway, I have some now, and I was told this is the first time the Postal Service has issued a sheet with eleven stamps on it instead of ten (that's ten muppets and one stamp of Jim). They're only sold in sheets, I was told--you can't buy just one stamp.

You can also buy a Muppet "Staying in Touch Kit" (or something like that) that includes the stamps as well as note cards featuring Muppet photos (the same photos as the stamps, I think, but I might be wrong) and envelopes. I wasn't interested, and I don't remember the price on that.

I wish they'd used better Muppet models instead of the infamous "poser" Muppets, but otherwise I'm pleased.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I really want these stamps and have since I heard about them but dont know how I'm going to get them. Does anyone know if they are available online or on ebay somewhere? hopefully they soon will be, I know some US stamps are sold on ebay here in Australia sometimes.

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
Having trouble getting your stamps?

Muppetsdownunder said:
I really want these stamps and have since I heard about them but dont know how I'm going to get them. Does anyone know if they are available online or on ebay somewhere? hopefully they soon will be, I know some US stamps are sold on ebay here in Australia sometimes.
As far as I know no, but I sell alot on Ebay, and I am willing to list them for my cost plus shipping for anyone who is interested. Just private message me for details. I am always glad to help out a Muppet fan, and shipping for such a small item will be inexpensive. The stamps are adorable.